“Great place, multiple tasting rooms.”

The Winery at Marjim Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Appleton
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is a great deal - it's $5 for 4 tastings, including a glass. I believe you can do a tasting without the keepsake glass for $3/4 tastings.

It's really pretty up here, and they have a large wine selection. This winery does seem to have more of a selection of dry wines, but still plenty of sweet. I find that many of the wineries in the Niagara region focus on sweet because of the types of grapes in this area.

Anyways! Marjim Manor has a cool ghost story that goes with it, if you are lucky enough to hear it. I have been here multiple times, and it's always fun. This time though, it was too busy, and the employees didn't tell it (darn!). They do have 2 separate tasting rooms, and usually offer some kind of fondue or cheese spread you can try while you are there as well.

This is also in the cluster of wineries up by the lake, and I always enjoy this stop! In the summer time they even have some cute cats lounging in the sun and along the porch.

1  Thank bmg617

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Was visiting the area and friend suggested we go to this winery. It is one of the best ones in the area and the setting is lovely. There is a good selection of wines with good prices.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The ride to this fascinating stop on the wine trail is nothing short of relaxing. The beautiful countryside has a way of relaxing me has I drive to one of my favorite destinations on the Wine Trail.
When driving on Hwy 18, you see a lot of beautiful scenery. Then, you see this magnificent mansion looming ahead has you arrive at the Wineries driveway. The grounds are beautifully maintained and quite colorful.
Marjim is a definite MUST for your visit to the Niagara region. You are greatly by friendly folks who are willing to share a story or two, and the wine is very different has it is all fruit wines....not grapes like we're used to.
Come on out and see for yourself! You will be pleasantly surprised!!

1  Thank MarionH2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

very bad experience the man at back bar was rude very disappointed will never return or anyone else that was in our group we were there on 5-11-13 he more less told us to be quiet and the man at the door was rude also

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

While wandering the Niagara Wine Trail, we just had to stop at the one that claims to be haunted. We were greated on a very sunny day by the cat that lives there. We were allowed four free tastes. They specialize in sweet fruity wines and many made their way home with us to help fill the rack. Let me recommend the 100 Window. We wandered the lower floor of this beautiful old building, but did not have any ghost sightings. I guess we will have to go back!