Okinawa Grand Mer Resort
$110
Rakuten Travel
Yoshida Hotel(Okinawa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsaeon mallfree shuttlejapanese style roomdai ichi hotelnaha airportthe hotel staffjapanese restaurantwestern roomhotel provided freeenglish speakingwestern foodvery nice hotelbit datedsushiconvenience storecarpettokyo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The rooms were much larger than you would expect in Okinawa, or Japan for that matter. The restaurant was decent, with a very scenic view. Amenities were acceptable, with free wifi and complimentary pool toys if you are traveling with kids. The valets work magic..l you will never have to wait for a cab. Which is good, because the location requires that you take a taxi to get to anything fun. I would definitely return. I should have taken pictures, but the place is legit.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ccccally
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I read most of the reviews and most of the current ones are accurate. I am currently in the hotel. The parking after 5-6 pm is terrible. More than likely you will have to drive to an additional parking lot and get a shuttle to the hotel. It is not far, but it is all uphill. The road to the hotel is also narrow and uphill. The hotel itself has good accommodations for guests. The rooms are definitely bigger than others that I have stayed in. I wish they had one queen or king size bed in a room. I have two double beds and only need one. The carpet in y room is definitely stained but for the most part it's clean. Housekeeping is ok, but I put a sign on my room at 7am for them to clean it but when I came back at 4:30pm they were in my room so it was a little awkward and I had work to do. I don't speak a lick of Japanese, so if you are uncomfortable with another language being spoke around you or to you this is probably not the hotel to go to. The staff that I have encountered speak broken English at best. There are a lot of specials each day, but everything is written in Japanese. There are no restaurants in the immediate area and I wasn't impressed withe restaurants in the hotel or the menu. Te pool is small and the exercise room has a few weights and 3-4 treadmills. Besides being at the top of a hill and having to traverse a long narrow road to get to the hotel, I would stay here again. I miss the turn off the main road to the long narrow road almost every time because it seems to me that the sign that says the hotels name on it is very small or hidden. I am not too impressed about the breakfast. It is traditional Japanese food (which I don't mind), but there are so many people during the breakfast time it seemed like the staff didn't replenish the food often enough. I wanted an omelette a few of the days and no English once again.

Room Tip: High floor facing the ocean is nice as long as you don't mind overlooking the neighborhoods that surround the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for family holiday. It located in the middle of housing area, no restaurant or shop nearby. But with the bargain price ($140 per night for 4 people in room with 4 bed and incl. breakfast), complete facility and super friendly service, one can't complain!
The swimming pool is small and indoor, but usually when you are in Okinawa you are heading to the beach the whole day.
Room is huge, much more than Japanese standard.
We rent car and drove to beaches. Having your own transportation is highly recommended!
Breakfast buffet is good enough but a bit crowded.
The thing impressed us the most about this hotel is the long list of product they have, that guest can borrow for free (or some small money for product you carry outside the hotel like beach parasol, beach chair, etc). The list included: rice cooker, DS game, foot jet spa steamer, volley ball, baby nail clipper, pedometer, yoga mat, swimming suit, etc, etc, etc. More than 100 items!

Room Tip: Higher floor to get the view of the ocean. Bring your own car, it located no where. They have enough parking space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dian M
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Large room with balcony overlooking rooftops to the water. Good AC, plenty of hot water, and quality housekeeping. Helpful concierge staff with fairly good English skills. They booked me on tours and all went smoothly. Breakfasts offered a wide variety, including fresh vegetables and fruits.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer best views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank HappyCamper70065
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed at Dai-ichi in July 2012 as part of a package. This was a family holiday with 2 boys. We had two twin rooms. The hotel although called resort but was infact no where near a beach or something as you would expect. It was on a hill top with narrow roads to get up to. This was quite a large hotel all rooms have balcony. The rooms we had was facing the ocean, so if you want to relaxing by the balcony you could. Rooms were spacious and most staffs we've encountered spoke very good English. The buffet breakfast that was included in the package was great. Before arriving, I emailed the hotel to see if they could reserve a car for us, they responded quickly and was very helpful. You could booked swimming tours out to the island or buy discounted price tickets for the famous Okinawa Aquarium, etc. You could borrow things like beach towel, watergun, sand playing toys, beach mat, etc from the lobby. Overall, no unhappy experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family