See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2017

Very Good Hotel Close to Kadena Gate 2 Street. Good breakfast in restaurant hotel. Hot tub (public bath) available on 5th floor.Hotel is very clean with excellent service. You can exchange your money at the hotel, but there are better exchange rates in town.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank joeinfx
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

I was nervous to go to Okinawa by myself. I was nervous to find a decent hotel in a good location. I hit the jackpot! This hotel was super clean, friendly, had a filling breakfast and was near Kadena AFB. A little hard to find, but not a bad location. It was right off of Gate 2 street. I will definitely stay here again if I go back to Okinawa in the same capacity that I visited! The hotel provided a robe, toothbrush, razor, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I was very comfortable here!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank 918katiec918
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here for a week with a tour group in late October. Our tour guide got us the biggest room for our family of three and we luxuriated in the very large room, even by American standards. The room was nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. And, very reasonable.

One of the best parts of our stay was the wonderful food in the restaurant. We had a buffet breakfast every morning, composed of both Western and Japanese style foods. I love miso soup and rice in the morning! The French toast was really good too. The dinners, made specially for the tour group, were fantastic. They made different Okinawan dishes for each dinner and it was amazing to taste all the different offerings. We even had squid ink soup on our last night, and it was just as good as I heard it would be. Everything we ate tasted great. A testament to their restaurant is that almost every night, there was a dinner party in one or more of their banquet rooms.

Mr. Miyagi, the owner, and all the staff were wonderful. The hotel has gender separate ofuro baths as well as coin-fed washers and dryers on the top floor. My son and I indulged in the ofuro almost every night. What a great way to end the day.

The hotel is also close to the main street, and there are many shops and little restaurants in the area. With that great restaurant in the hotel, and meals provided by the tour, we didn't need to get much else. There were also some music shops close by where we found some Okinawan music CDs. There's even a Kokuyo Stationary store a couple of blocks away with a big selection of high quality Japanese paper, notebooks, and pens.

The WiFi was strong in the lobby, and we could use the computers to check on flight arrangements and sites. I brought an Airport Express WiFi access point with me and it worked without a hitch when I plugged it into the room's Ethernet outlet.

Definitely a place we'll come back to the next time we're in Okinawa.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Walt813
Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you are traveling to Okinawa and find yourself in need of accommodation near Kadena Air Base, you may want to check out the Deigo Hotel. It is located about a two to three minute walk to the road that leads to Gate 2 and into the base. From the intersection , across from Koza Music Town, it will take you another 5-10 minutes to get to the Gate entrance.

The Hotel Deigo caters to a local Japanese clientele. The accommodation are larger than the typical Japanese businessman's hotel; the price is quite reasonable at about $50 per night; the room is clean, but simple; it is quiet and located a block off the main street; it has a restaurant on the main lobby floor and the front office workers are friendly, accommodating and will do their best to assist you. While my Japanese is poor, there were at least two people who helped me...a Mr. Nakasone spoke good English and a young waiter by the name of Ricky spoke excellent English and was very helpful.

In the room, there is a hair dryer and hot pot, slippers and a Japanese yukata (light weight summer bathrobe). No iron in the room.

Wifi strictly limited to the main floor lobby where there are also two computers free for your use.

I found the restaurant food quite good and very reasonably priced between $8-20 depending on what you want. Not much of a western menu, but you are in Japan.

Safe, clean and reasonably price...you would be able to stay here worry free if business brings you to this area.

One final word, The surrounding businesses are in a steep down turn which will help to explain why everything appears boarded up. That being said, it is still Japan and it is safe to walk around almost any where.

I recommend this place only if you need accommodations near Kadena Airbase. Tourists will be disappointed.

Room tip: Even if it you have requested a non smoking room, you will notice traces of residual smoke.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank Eraldo7411
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a 3 day stay on business, mostly stayed at night for sleep then went out during the day. Rooms are clean, air conditioned and maintained well. What I liked was the free wifi in the lobby area even though there is free Internet in the rooms but required a LAN cable which I do not carry around. I had breakfast here every morning, they do serve American style breakfast and the traditional Japanese washouku style which I enjoyed. The staff was courteous and friendly. Would recommend this hotel for someone traveling on a budget.

Date of stay: November 2012