All reviewsthe club loungenice outdoor poolkokusai doriclub twinbigger sizenice view of the cityfive star hotela short walking distanceduring happy hourstandard suiteinternational streetrestaurant reservationswhole processbreakfast restaurantloved this hotelwarm hospitalityhousekeeping staff
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

The Hyatt is wonderfully located: Stone's throw from the evocative Tsuboya pottery area, the fascinating covered alleyways of Heiwa-dori & Makishi markets & the tourist main strip Kokusai-dori. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel staff very helpful. Special kudos to the housekeeping staff: I left 2 empty plastic bottles to dry in my room which housekeeping mistakenly cleared. I made a quick inquiry with a lady cleaning a room further down the corridor (signs and gestures ahoy) but it wasn't her who cleaned my room. Too bad I thought, bye bye small cute Ayataka green tea bottle & a free bottle from a day trip to Churaimi Aquarium. But the housekeeping manager lady (I think that's who she is) appeared at my door within 5 minutes holding 2 bottles! & she even went back to retrieve the correct one! I am beyond impressed. It was such a minor matter but I got my 2 bottles back as souvenirs. Bravo Hyatt Regency! Please forward my compliments and thanks to the two ladies. I'm the bottle girl in Room 1302.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
ハイアットリージェンシー那覇沖縄, 広報担当マネージャー at Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Dear gouzbeks sama

Thank you very much for staying at Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa! We appreciate you taking the time to share this review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor.

We are greatly honor your good comment for our service. It gives encouragement to us, thank you very much. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our convenient location.

Thank you for being our guest. We hope to welcome you back soon for another amazing stay.

Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa

Reviewed December 7, 2017

I highly reccomend the Hyatt in Naha Okinawa, it is close to the citiy center and it offers a full city experience. The hotel is not close to a beach so if you want to include that on your trip will have to drive or take a taxi for a ride.
The hotel has a great breakfast, I really enjoy the variety of the food. Service wise, they are excellent.

Room Tip: For breakfast, show up at 7am, there is very little to non wait time. otherwise be prepared to wait a little.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
ハイアットリージェンシー那覇沖縄, 広報担当マネージャー at Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Dear Elvidalito sama

We are greatly honor your good comment for our service and facilities. It gives encouragement to us, thank you very much.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future for another memorable stay with us and thank you again for the preference given to Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

Hotel is new and modern, but most impressed with the staff. I kept saying "Thats why Hyatt is Hyatt" to my wife throughout the trip, comparing the experience in other hotels to the one in Hyatt. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
ハイアットリージェンシー那覇沖縄, 広報担当マネージャー at Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear 510hsinyuh sama

We are greatly honor your good comment for our staffs. We hope your mother will get well completely. Please come back to Okinawa and enjoy beautiful Okinawa culture and nature.

Once again, thank you very much for your precious comment about our hotel, and we truly hope to be given another opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Arriving from the USA, I purchased a handmade Sanshi, a three-string Okinawa banjo, from the top sanshi shop in Okinawa for my daughter. During dinner with close Okinawan business associates, I invited them to the Hyatt where I am staying to tune the Sanshi and give a brief demonstration.

We sought a place in the hotel lobby at about 8:30 PM, where the Sanshi was tuned. Within about one and a half minutes, a Hyatt official appeared and asked us to stop. We gracefully agreed and were going to continue the demonstration in my hotel room, but then we were directed to the outside patio, which was wet and slippery with rain.

There the tuning and a brief performance continued for about two minutes, when a different hotel official came outside and told us to stop as a "saxophone concert" was going to begin inside. There were about three people from the Japanese mainland inside the bar, listening to a saxophonist play White Christmas. My Okinawa friends quietly left.

When I asked to discuss this with an assistant manager, he declined to sit down with me and discuss it in private. I explained how embarrassing this was, and how it reflected poorly on me with my business associates., he told me that 1) they had received a complaint from a customer in the lobby (we didn't see anyone complain), and 2) had I told them in advance, they could have made other arrangements for the impromptu sansei demonstration. However, no explanations were made for driving us away from the outside patio in the rain.

What is ironic is that my associates were well-mannered Okinawans playing a beautiful Okinawa instrument for very short duration. It could be that Okinawa culture and Okinawa people are not welcome inside the Naha Hyatt. I arrived the Osaka Hyatt which is fabulous. However, I suggest that you a avoid bringing Okinawa business associates or friends to the Hyatt Regency in Naha and instead book one of the other luxury hotels which are far more accommodating.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank chronic_jetlag
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

The service is very very professional and welcoming. Mr. Hoichi, I hope that I spell it right, who welcomed us at the lobby and helped through the checkin, then deal with the luggages for us. He was nice and kind, really impressive to say. We met him several times afterwards and he was very engaging and all the wat most helpful and caring. The mini suite offered is quite decent but the size of the twin beds is kinda small. Wonderful location for this hotel as it has a great outlook over the city and walking distance to the most popular streets. Ms. 豊元 at the Regency lounge was also very kind and most helpful when dealing with our restaurant reservations. Pay my greatest thanks to those great staff and their services.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends

Dear TimGiotia_Ren sama

We are greatly honor your good comment for our property and staffs. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our convenient location. There are ever so many more places to go around our hotel. Please come back to our hotel and find your favorite spot at Okinawa.