“Attentive Service and Comfortable Stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Naha Shuri Castle
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
London
“Attentive Service and Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I just completed a 10 day at the Hotel Nikko Naha Grand Castle and was very happy with the entire experience and would return without hesitation. I needed to find accommodation as close to Shurijo (Castle) as possible, and I could not have done better. Shurijo is a short walk (uphill - ask for the short cut) taking about 15 minutes. That is the only disadvantage - the hotel is on the side of a hill and the area around Shurijo is hilly, so if you walk, you are always going up and down hills and that can get tiring. I was able walk or take the monorail to many sites from the hotel, but it is really closest only to Shurijo. The hotel is well appointed and has restaurants and merchandise shopping, but if you want to get out into Okinawan culture there are only few choices close by.

Neverless, the staff were excellent and very helpful. The room was clean, a good size and comfortable.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the 19th floor facing the ocean, just for the asking. The sunsets were spectacu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
日航那覇グランドキャッスルCS, お客様担当マネージャー at DoubleTree by Hilton Naha Shuri Castle, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We would like to thank you very much for a stay in hotel nikko naha grand castle the other day. In addition, thank you very much for cooperating with a comment at trip advisor while you're busy.
We would be glad to spend you a comfortable stay with us, and enjoy many sites around Syuri castle area.
We will still make an effort for the improvement of the service still more so that a visitor is satisfied continuously. We look forward to seeing you for next coming than all the staff, in the near future.

Akiko Sonetaka
CS office chief manager
Hotel nikko naha grand castle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Nikko chain of hotels offers comfortable beds in nice, standard rooms. You will be fed fairly well at their buffet meals, and there will be various shops within the hotel. The service is, as usual, impeccable. The staff there go above and beyond for you, and always with a smile, which is such a nice change from what you may get in North America. That said, I wish there were some amenities at the hotel, such as a gym, or an indoor pool, to help pass the time. There were 2 English channels, but were voiced over with Japanese.

Wifi is not standard in the rooms, however, the hotel does offer wifi routers at the front desk for free. There is also a water kettle and green tea provided in the room, along with slippers and a yukata. Feel free to do your laundry here, as they even provide a small clothes rack!

The location of the hotel is fairly convenient if you have access to a car. Otherwise, there is not much to do within walking distance. I took a short walk off hotel grounds, and there was an Italian restaurant about a 10 min walk away, but no stores that I came across.

Toiletries provided: shampoo/conditioner/body gel in bulk bottles, and toothbrushes, combs, razors, and shower caps are available in your bathroom.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GroovieGurlie
ホテル日航那覇グランドキャッスル, お客様担当マネージャー at DoubleTree by Hilton Naha Shuri Castle, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your expansion at hotel nikko naha grand castle.
That you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel in and outside, we know we are very pleased. Also, give me the words of praise to our staff, I will say thank you from the all of my heart.
In the future, As you can satisfy our customers, our committed to striving to improve our services even more. Please, look forward to hotel nikko naha grand castle continued patronage, thank you.
All of our staff and I have sincerely look forward to your visit again.

Best regards,

Akiko Sonetaka
Chief Manager of CS office
Hotel nikko naha grand castle
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

This past March 2012 I visited Okinawa, Japan. I went to my daughter's wedding, The ceremony and reception were held at this absolutely beautiful hotel. Although I did not sleep at this hotel I spent several days visiting the hotel with my daughter for preparations of the wedding. My daughter and new husband stayed at the hotel several days.They gave the hotel a great review. I can only say that the service, cleanliness, food and hospitality of this hotel is top notch. The traditional Japanese ceremony that was provided with their assistance and wedding planner, the reception, the food service and care for 360 guests made it the most amazing wedding I have ever been to. The hotel also provided a dressing room for family guests and a reception room to wait at before the ceremony and for waiting time before the reception. I would love to stay at this hotel the next time I visit my daughter in Okinawa...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo