“delicious”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It is worthy of its reputation. We have lunch here and the soki soba is the best we have ever.
It serves local food. Although we cannot speak Japanese, they provides the menu with the pictures.
The restaurant is small, but the atomosphere is quite traditional. Most guests are Japanese.

2  Thank Adjani_chen

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I put this restaurant on my to-eat list in my 3D2N Okinawa trip and it turned out to be good decision.

We don't find much trouble finding this small restaurant, which hide on small side-street near the main shopping street, thanks to its high popularity and recognition among local folks.

We arrived around 630pm and there're already guests queue outside the restaurant. Luckily we only waited around 10min to get a 4ppl table for us 2 and avoid squeezing on bar table or taking off shoes.

There's no English menu but I still managed to order based on my basic Japanese, pictures as well as the patience and little english of the lady owner.

- fried bitter gourd is the famous dish in Okinawa and not surprisingly this restuarant fried together with pork, eggs and toku, fresh taste and light
- peanut bean curd: very smooth in flavor and again light in flavor.
- ribs: well cooked ribs full of meat juice. tender
-okinawa soba, the soup is really tasty, fishball texture is sponge but pork is too heavy.
- sea grape: another unique vegetable product in naha, very special texture but fresh in flavor and rich in nutrition.

The restaurant is actually quite small with max capacity of 30guests but decorated in traditional style and with cozy atmosphere. Also, all japanese guests except us 2:)

2  Thank singdong
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant and had the best soki soba during our two week vacation. Not too friendly staff but not unfriendly either.

1  Thank PiaThunberg
Reviewed July 28, 2012

#2 in recommendations for Naha, and certainly a place with a great atmosphere, and easy to find given the queue (small side street from main shopping road - see other post for more details).
I only rate it down a bit, as there are so many nicer Japanese foods, in my opinion, with traditional food from Okinawa being a bit oily (stir or deep fried).
The staff was great, with this lovely old man explaining the menu with passion outside to those in the queue (although in Japanese), and the waitress helping to give suggestions in English based on pictures. I had tempura seaweed, which was reasonably nice, a deep-fried fish that was fine, and then a stir-fry of vegetables and a local specialty made from bread, which was quite alright.
The food was not unforgettable, but this place is certainly a nice one to visit for a change from the otherwise standardized international food.

1  Thank Jocelyn N
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Found this in my lonely planet. Ate twice here (2 evenings) and it was delicious. Typical stylish Okinawa dining place. Small, comfy and good food. I just wish that Lonely planet would be more accurate about its location.

A note for travellers, if you're approaching from "Kenchou-Mae" station, stick to the left and keep your eyes open for it in a side-street. The shop is not on the main street and can be easily missed if you don't know.

2  Thank Helepolis