“Good solution for saving money on accommodation”

Hotel le Blion Naha
Ranked #53 of 111 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Easily accessible by Rui rail from airport, not so far from the main shopping street and Naha's free public beach. Also there are a lot's of izakayas around to dine out in the evening.
The room is OK, compared to Japanese standars even bigger...The AC and fridge turns off when you leave so expect to enter a sauna and drink warm beer whenenever you arrive back in your room. Staff speaks little English, but they are helpful. The breakfast is very simple (pastries, rice bqlls, salad, boiled eggs, ice-cream, miso soup and some butter/marmalade), but good quality and you can eat as much as you wish.
All in all we liked it and would go there again and travel from there to other tourist spots of the island.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on higher floors, pretty cool view from the balcony
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
ホテルブライオン那覇, マネージャー at Hotel le Blion Naha, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Blion Naha.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Having stayed at a GRG chain hotel just down the road I was a little hesitant. This place was much better; quiet and accommodating. I was having problems with Wi-fi in room being next to elevator but front desk gave (no deposit, no form to fill out) a router to use while I was there. The breakfast is OK, coffee and breads, so don't let it sway you because it is included in room price usually. Bed was super comfortable but stupid me did not shut blinds so 5:30 am sun woke me up.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank JayCombs
ホテルブライオン那覇, マネージャー at Hotel le Blion Naha, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel Blion Naha.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Room was grand though abit small, but that didn't matter. Very comfortable. Laundry facilities that worked helped tremendously. Breakfast selection of food was little but delicious, especially the miso soup. Lobby was luxuriously exquisite and service was good, although they did not speak much English. We parked our rental car for ¥500 per night. A few good restaurants and convenient stores around. The train station is just a short stroll away. However, wifi was very weak. But it was worth the stay for 3nights. We really liked Blion and recommend it. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ALYPEH
Reviewed November 23, 2013

When I heard that Naha was notorious for cheap rooms, the cheapskate in me was pretty happy, but my husband has limitations on how much we can rough it. And I'm more into finding value in a place to stay rather than picking the cheapest place these days, so when spotted this place, turning the corner of their street, I knew we would be happy with the stay.

The lobby was sophisticated and the curb appeal of the place was way better than the places outside of the city that cost much more. The picture of the building on all the websites with the red flags and stone represents what it actually looks like. I'm sure it's not five or even four stars on Kayak (three and a half?), but I didn't see anything that belonged in a different decade in the hotel. I booked this place about a month or so in advance and was able to snag a double room (not a "semi-double") for pretty cheap, and it felt like a standard hotel room in one of America's big cities. I mean, in addition to the bed, we had a seat and a side table to watch TV from. That's huge in Japan.

They gave out a lady's bag that included one of those body scrubby towels and a cute hair tie. All the Japanese amenities were here: pump shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, hair brush, razors, toothbrush with small toothpaste, other stuff I probably forgot.

Their free breakfast is a typical Japanese breakfast in my book: a bunch of odd sides that normally do not belong in an American breakfast: salad, miso soup, onigiri, a slue of breads that are more like snacks, various teas and coffees, soft boiled eggs. When I read the list of stuff I was going to eat for breakfast, it didn't sound like much, but you get as much as you want of each thing and all of it was quality. I saw a couple business guys grab like five or six packets of bread. It filled me up just getting one of each item.

Location of the place was not bad. It was pretty close to the mono-rail, and you could walk to the happening "international" street. The area of the hotel wasn't bad either, though it looked like we were surrounded by host clubs and I do not consider that my -uh- scene. There were plenty of restaurants and such. Also, a supermarket was one stop away on the mono-rail. And you could walk to the city beach and the temple near it,

Anyway, everything was extra clean and modern and roomy, and I would definitely stay here again and recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Try booking in advance at agoda and getting a double room for the price of a semi-double.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fujiko D
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Bf and I booked this stay last minute via agoda (his preference) on the same day that we are supposed to check in. The reception was not very good in english but my bf can speak conversional english, so they ironed out the problem (check in process not prepared, we expected this anyways). I still think the service is good, given how last minute we were, due to last minute check out of Hotel Lohas Villa. We got this hotel for only 230 usd for 4 nights.

Breakfast is included. I think it's basic breakfast but still enjoyable. It consisted of roasted tea (cold), packeted green tea, ceylon tea with sugar and creamer given, hot coffee-expresso or normal, miso soup (must try, it taste very good with egg or onigiri), water. Bread like table roll, sliced white bread, blueberry cheese roll (i like this), chocolate danish (like!), crossiant and others. Strawberry, blueberry and margarine provided. Soft boiled eggs are ok, i wished there was pepper and salt. Onigiri have pictures on them for people who are not great with the language. I like the fish roe and kelp flavor.

Now, do visit the alcohol store on the left of this hotel. The owner speaks a bit of english. Alcohol of all sorts can be found at cheaper prices as compared to other stores. I bought a bottle of Awamori. A type of rice wine indigenous to and unique to Okinawa, Japan.

This hotel is quite close to the monorail. So it's easy for us to travel. You might want to look at all the coupons they have on the coupon booth machine in the lobby, as they have discounts. We didn't try any coupons though.

Hotel room has a good space, taking into consideration Japan's space constraints. I love their shampoo and body shower dispenser. A very nice place to stay in, amidst the impending typhoon at the time. Nice double bed with air con and yukata. Very clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

When to Okinawa this March with my boyfriend , we made a reservation on net. The location is very convenient.
Also the room is clean, we stayed for 2 nights then went to the north of Okinawa. The last day we went back to here again. It was such a good memories to stay here. love Okinawa a lot.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Yooowen
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our first visit to Okinawa and Hotel le Blion was a good base for exploring the city area. The room was compact and equipped with the basic amenities. Breakfast was very basic but it got us started each day.
The reception staff were helpful in a limited way and were able to direct us to a local restaurant for a late lunch.
The area is quiet in the day but livens up at night with nighclubs and bars. We had a room facing the street but were not bothered by the noise at all.
From the hotel it is a 15 minute walk up to Kokusai Street, the Miebashi station is on the way.
Overall, can recommend Hotel le Blion. I have given it a "very good" rating but probably more like above good - if there was such a rating.

Room Tip: The balcony opens on to the street for a little fresh air.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple