Just returned from a 2 night stay over a Labor Day weekend at Club Med Kabira. I've never stayed at any Club Med so didn't know the Club Med concept. It's like being on a cruise ship but on land is the best way I can describe it-ALL INCONCLUSIVE! This is nice to have it all inconclusive but there are those times too when you want to just have it more low key as well and flexibility to do your own thing so keep this in mind as you will be isoloated from the Island of Ishigaki.....
The location is absoulutely amazing. Beautiful beaches with pristine warm water. The accommodations are nice as well as there are many things to do here. It really is built for the family.....I should add the family with older kids. Our daughter was 2 years old and given her age not eligible for the kid groups and given her age needs close supervision. Here is the review:
Room: we stayed at the Deluxe Sea View Room: room itself was comfortable and clean. It came with a refrigerator and small TV. Bed was firm and a little uncomfortable. Bathroom was clean and with a good shower. We had internet via 3G but don't know if we had free wi-fi. View was amazing from our room. We stayed quite aways down from the main complex area which with 2 year old was a little of an inconvenience. In fact they put us on the third floor so was not happy about that since we had to carry our stroller up the stairs.
Grounds: Very nice. Beautiful pool in the central location along with many types of activies to do around the complex. There is a trapeze bar/trampoline, nice gym with a few treadmills/bikes, ping pong tables, basketball court, soccer field (didn't see) nice bar for relaxing, and restaurant-average ok. All in all grounds are beautiful and they do a great job keeping it up.
Restaurant/food: Food was good. They have quite a mix of foods from Asian to Western. Quite busy at times during dinner.
Staff: Very friendly and saw some names from prior reviews such as Ghazzo and Ryan (Manager) who went out of their ways as GO= "Gentle Organizers" to help and make you feel welcomed. There was language difficulty at times asking the staff for items (they come from all countries to include, Japan, China, Indonesia) and that just comes with being in a different country.
-All inconclusive (nice to have everything taken care of before you stay)
-All inconclusive ( sometimes this can be a negative if you want to have things low key)
-Dinner time: at 18:30......this was late for us with a 2 year old.
-Room service for cleaing: a tad slow, didn't make it to our room until 17:30! That was after complaining to the front desk staff.
-Better check in orientation-ours was rushed.
Recommendations: We went during a very busy time: Labor Day Weekend. I would recommend going in an off time like October or late Fall/Spring. I would avoid summer and that is just my recommendation since I don't like crowds. It was busy at night for dinner like a cow herd waiting to be fed. I would come back again but at a slower time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture