We spent about 2 weeks there during christmas period with our 4 kids (11, 9, 3 & 3) and we all had a wonderful time. Not the best spot at that time of the year if you are looking for sun-bathing or enjoying the pool, but certainly worth it if you are looking for a place to relax and have all family enjoying it. Entire staff proved very welcoming and thoughtful.
Kids all experienced and approved the mini-club and petit-club. Quite a number of activities are available (though a few are closed during winter period), and I particularly enjoyed the water sports: not that they should be given any credit for the very good wind we experienced, but the spot is really good for windsurfing with good equipment readilly available and cheerful staff always on the move to make sure you have a great time... and looking after your safety, to what they proved very efficient. Diving was not possible (winter period) but snorkeling is still a great experience just by the beach.
We would maybe regret the lack of japanese "atmosphere" (you don't feel like you are in Japan, which could be disappointing for looking for some taste of it) or the average condition of our rooms, clean and well maintained but a bit dated.
Overall, we all had a great time and we certainly look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med, Rakuten and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture