Our family had a wonderful time at Club Med Kabira Beach. Our room was clean and spacious--we had the ground floor room which opened to a garden. Our 6 year old had a blast running around catching butterflies. The service was excellent and we liked the variety of food offered.
It has been nearly a year since our visit and our kids still beg to go back. They had so much fun, especially at Mini-Club Med. In fact, when we were there they ASKED to spend most of the time with their friends and the staff which was fine with us. Our typical day went something like this: morning breakfast together, dropped the kids off (the kids then got to do cool stuff like archery, flying trapeze, swimming at the pool, arts and crafts, beach trips etc...ALL in one day), we'd go diving or snorkeling or wind surfing, then back for lunch. In the late after noon, we would pick up the kids and spend family time at the pool then dropped the kids off so they can enjoy their meals with their friends while we have dinner by ourselves (we're in the same restaurant, just in a different part). Then we would meet up and enjoy the evening show. It was absolutely fantastic. We went in May and it wasn't busy at all.
On our last day, we rented a car through Club Med and drove around and visited various points of interest. As for diving, we actually didn't go through Club Med because of the price. Instead, we picked Dive School Umicoza and highly recommend them. They provided transportation as well as lunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Ishigakijima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigakijima Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med