We spentt 5 days in our 3rd Club Med at Kariba Beach, Ishigaki. My wife and I are great fan of diving, we placed our kids, aged 7 and 8 in the mini club and we went diving with Euro Divers, the affiliated diving company in Club Med.
Food and Lodging were nice. The service was also up to standard. The kids were very impressed by the night show in the theatre every nights. They are really entertaining. Perhaps the village chief is from USA and he just arrived there 10 days ago!
We were lucky that the weather was so nice except the 3rd day when the sea appeared a bit wavy. The snorkelling trip was cancelled. Do watch out for typhoon season in Okinawa. Otherwise you really can't do anything there.
The diving was wonderful! New and well maintained equipment, good English speaking dive masters, good visibility under water... We visited the Menta City twice and we saw up to 9 mentas surfing around. The scene was unforgattable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture