Comical it was so bad.
The night before we left, I called the front desk to ask for the shuttle times as we had changed our departure flight. I was told 7:10 AM. At 7:10 our family and another were met by the shuttle. The GM thanked the other family for joining Club Med as we brought our bags out. The receptionist ran out, grabbed out bags and told us not to get on this shuttle- ours was coming. I told my husband "Thank goodness he told us!" as we don't understand the Okinawan dialect very well.
The GM waved off the shuttle and left.
A public city bus pulled up and the receptionist indicated this was our airport transportation. He then handed me a schedule written in Japanese kanji, pushed us toward the bus, told us to change buses at a location he circled on the schedule, and ran inside. A GM wave off didn"t come with the city bus departure. The next 15 minutes were spent trying to figure out how much the bus cost, how to actually pay the money required and figure out where and how to change buses. We rode it until we found a cab and then abandoned ship.
I've stayed in a lot of hotels, across the board in terms of stars, but have never been put on a city bus when paying that kind of money for a vacation.
Very few employees at the front desk speak English well enough to be helpful. The food is mediocre even though there is a lot of it. Because the hotel has tile floors you will hear every ball bounced and kid jumping off the bed in the room above you. And they will do it all night long.
Sayonara Club Med.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, Club Med and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture