This was our first trip to a Club Med resort and although we enjoyed it, there were some drawbacks to an all inclusive package. We went in the off season which meant that the pool was unavailable, as were some but not all of the outdoor activities. Naturally the weather is beyond the control of the hotel and to compensate for this there were a number of other facilities that could be taken advantage of indoors. Being "all inclusive" made us feel obliged to eat all meals at the resort. There is plenty of food but the quality is very average although most days there was a special such as steak made fresh to order which was generally good. At breakfast there was no one making eggs to order which I would expect at the price we paid. The wines were also disappointing, just one red and one white. Anything else was additional as were bottled beers. Mixed drinks were fine in so far as they contained the right ingredients but they were not well made over all. A game of pool was also an extra 300 yen which felt like penny pinching. Our room was fine and seemed to have been refurbished recently although the bathroom smelled bad and was clearly the original - for sure this was a two star bathroom at best. Internet access in the room was abysmal as was connectivity throughout the resort. Whist I can accept they may have issues with cellphone reception, the internet is within their control. I understand this resort is scheduled for refurbishment this year and this should be ungraded. The team were great and really made the stay. They work incredibly hard and have long hours and are alway willing to help. The shows are entertaining and well choreographed considering the limited time they must have to prepare and the skills sets of the participants. I think when the sun shines this resort would be delightful and for those with kids or an active lifestyle that could use the water-sports it would be hard to go wrong here. If it is refurbished well I am sure we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Ishigakijima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigakijima Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med