This was our first time to visit a Club Med resort (2 adults, 3 children: ages 2, 5, and 6 years old and 1 infant). Following please find a rundown of our impressions of Club Med Kabira. We stayed in 2 inter-connecting superior triple rooms for 1 week.
- Room sizes: perfect.
- Comfort: basic, but sufficient for a family holiday.
- Baby care: excellent (baby bath, baby chairs, baby bed, nappy bin, utensils for making baby food, etc. all included).
- Staff: very friendly and helpful and was fluent in English.
- Activities: plenty (i.e. windsurfing, snorkeling, canoeing, aerobics, water aerobics, yoga, trapeze, trampoline, table tennis, tennis, basketball hoops, etc. all included).
- Food: great variety of International and Japanese cuisine, buffet style. Fantastic for children to choose their favourites, especially from the dessert buffet!
Food (main meals and finger foods provided throughout the day) and drinks (soft drinks, juices, alcoholic beverages) all included.
- Kids’ clubs (ages 2 – 17) with friendly G.O.s provided daily entertainment from morning until evening. The children could join when they/you wanted.
- Beautiful beach right in front of hotel, very short walk.
- Pool includes a kids’ section.
- Show every night, great for kids’ entertainment.
- Big cockroaches in rooms.
- Rooms or blankets very moldy/dusty.
- Toilets smelled of urine.
⇒ After a couple of days we complained and were moved to different rooms, which were better.
- Every time we went to the beach we found numerous pieces of glass in the sand!
- The swimming pool was rather small.
- G.O.s (Gentils Organisateurs) came to join your table at meal times, which is a general Club Med concept.
It took a while getting used to the Club Med concept, but taking the convenience of the all-inclusive deal into consideration, I would definitely go again.
There was no need to travel outside of the complex to indulge in water sports, there was never a queue and also booking was not required.
We didn’t have to worry about where or what to eat with 4 small children and there were plenty of activities all day long to keep us happy and busy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kabira peninsula is located on the north-west part of the Island of Ishigaki. This Resort stands opposite a white sandy beach where the sea is extremely clear. The high quality of the underwater world and the wealth of fauna and flora make the bay of Kabira Japan's most beautiful diving spot. Kabira is also an excellent starting point from which to explore the purest of Japan's traditions. For all the family to discover, this Resort is an excellent way to fall for the charms of Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and Ctrip TA so you can book your Club Med Kabira Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Kabira Beach Hotel Ishigaki
- Club Med Ishigaki
- Club Med Kyushu-Okinawa
- Ishigaki Club Med
- Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki, Japan - Okinawa Prefecture