Rather charming considering it being a commercial hotel. Definitely convenient and comfortable. Not cheap, but you get your money's worth.
The hotel had many different amenities to take advantage of, including tennis courts, a golf course, indoor and outdoor pools and spas. They offer many different activity packages (hiking, kayaking, scuba diving...) and are extremely helpful in arranging them. My husband speaks Japanese, which may have made things a whole lot easier, but I think they would be equally as accommodating to non-Japanese speaking guests.
Transportation is also very convenient as they provide a shuttle (actually a bus) to the ports if you want to island hop, which are then connected to buses on coordinated schedules and cabs are very accessible. We rented a car but hardly used it.
Although we only ate once at the cafe, we found the food actually quite good. We stayed in a corner suite with beautiful views of the ocean and had a large sun deck. The rooms and halls are very clean with faux wooden floors that give a nice beach-housey feel, much different than the concrete and rigid exterior.
Ishigaki itself is a wonderful place to visit with beautiful mangroves, jungle-like trails and crystal clear oceans full of of aquatic life. We unfortunately missed the manta ray viewing season (April or May), but there was still plenty to look at under water. Another great benefit, especially for visitors from East Asia, is it stays much warmer than the rest of japan throughout the year making it a nice trip during the colder months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Okinawa hotel offers the perfect chance to relax alongside the tranquil waters of Maesato Beach. The rich cultural traditions, abundant coral reefs, distinctive regional foods and the natural warmth of its people make this island getaway an unforgettable destination. Within easy reach of Ishikagi Airport, this is your chance to discover a Japan you never imagined. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Priceline, Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ana Intercontinental Ishigaki Hotel Ishigaki
- Ana Hotel Ishigaki
- ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort Japan - Okinawa Prefecture