All reviews outdoor pool western style nice hotel pools gym lobby island bath naha
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Laguna Gardens is a little way out of Naha but still a great location. The rooms a very clean and spacious with beautiful views. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and go out of their way to assist with language barrier. There are several dining options in the hotel and the food is amazing and reasonably priced for resort style meals. We would definitely stay again if we come back to Okinawa.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The best thing about staying at this hotel was the excellent customer service provided in English by Ms. Akiko Katsuki. When I got to my room and tried to connect my computer, I had a lot of trouble. She didn’t just tell me over the phone what to do. Rather, she came to the room and watched me follow her advice, not leaving until she was sure that my connection was OK. During my stay, she helped me with various other problems, always with a cheerful manner.
This hotel is a short walk from the Okinawa Convention Center. If you’re going to a conference there, I strongly recommend staying at this hotel.
My twin room was unusually large for a Japanese hotel, with three beds and lots of floor space between. The small desk was big enough for my needs. It had a conveniently located place to plug in my computer. The shower was excellent, with ample hot water and good water pressure. The plentiful amenities included everything I needed, including a makeup mirror, 2 big boxes of tissue (Kleenex), and 3 wastebaskets. There was no iron and ironing board in the room, but when I asked for that, they were soon brought to the room. The room was very quiet except for a noisy fan in the bathroom that couldn’t be turned off. I closed the bathroom door at night, and that took care of that problem.
Like most other hotels in Japan, there was no face cloth (wash cloth). If you’re used to using a washcloth, bring one with you when you come to Japan.
The available TV programs in English were NHKWorld and a multilingual Okinawa tourist channel. All the rest were Japanese only.
The hotel has a “morning market” in the lobby, where Okinawa food, both fresh and canned, is sold. There are many shops, selling a range of goods from expensive craft items to cheap plastic souvenirs, and lots of kinds of cookies with free samples to try. The shops also sell instant noodles and ice cream.
Because other reviews warned that there was a long wait for the breakfast buffet, I took something with me to read while waiting, but although I was there for nearly a week, I never had to wait more than a few minutes. Sometimes I went to breakfast at 7 a.m., and sometimes, 8:30. At 9:15, the breakfast area was almost deserted.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie T
Reviewed April 1, 2017

I passed one week in March there .
It is too early to go to the beach but the hotel was very nice.
good facilities swimming pools, shops, Gym, etc...
Breakfasts were very good and it was very nice to have so many choice of western and asiatic dishes.
Wifi was good.
unfortunately TV with some issues on english channels :(

Service was good, english is not always good and bad joke: nobody told me that domestic flights airport was only opening at 6am, I was stuck outside the airport with many other foreigners waiting for the opening...

1  Thank Aurélie D
Reviewed March 25, 2017

The rooms in this hotel are very spacious. They got everything I need except perhaps for a flat iron. The breakfast they serve has various options to choose from. They have pools and other activities for the guests' leisure. Maybe the only negative thing about this hotel is its location. You'll have to walk or take a cab to go to other places.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

This is actually a very good option that ticks some of the more important boxes in Japan.

The hotel is foreigner-friendly with enough English for most visitors to make themselves understood. The rooms are huge. The rooms don't smell of smoke. They have beautiful views out to sea. The beds are bit hard - but you get a couple of pillows. The bathrooms are modular but bigger than normal and have the normal Japan electric toilet and awesome water pressure. No noise contamination. Working aircon that doesn't quietly dry you to a prune in Winter.

The breakfast buffet was very very good indeed, and the lunch buffet wasn't too bad either. The hotel has a handful of shops - including one mini convenience store. Internet was fast. One evening it topped out with users and that took some work explaining to staff in English - but it eventually got moving again.

I would stay here again - but be conscious of two drawbacks.

1. The TV only has NHK world for English language. This is the most boring channel in existence - and with the exception of some really quirky scientific stuff seems to be little different in content to a fishtank. Even in the background, you'll soon find sleep wafting through your consciousness.

2. If you want a lie in - don't get a room on the Baseball Stadium side of the building. It started at 0700 and continued into the afternoon and there was no way to sleep through given the drumming. Not even watching NHK World would do the trick. But if you love baseball - get a room here!

Room tip: For baseball go the baseball side - for quiet go the other...
2  Thank Sebmack