See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2018

First Check-in room smelled like someone's sweat. Changed a room and it smelled like someone's armpit. Requested to change again and an elder/senior front desk staff responded with "maybe you feel the smell in every room". So apparently it was my own problem? Absolutely the worst response to a customer's complaint. Even in the hospitality industry. It doesn't matter if the customer really has a nose problem. For a hotel, it has to do everything in its power to make sure customers have a comfortable stay and experience. In this case, make sure I get a room I don't smell anything. Major fail. Other staff were friendly, The overall value is decent for its price.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Ray C
Reviewed September 28, 2017

If it wasn't for rain I'd rather walk. High rise building and quite known by taxi driver even though I didn't show the name in kanji (for you who don't speak Japanese, it is always better to have the name(s) of places you plan to visit written in their language). They have smoking and non-smoking floors, as usual the smell was all over the floors, they could put some air freshener in the non smoking floor, especially in front of the lifts. NIce and clean room, comfortable bed.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Book 2 rooms (1 single and 1 double) both rooms are the same size, 2 nights on 4th& 5th June 17 for 3 persons.

Hotel is 10 minutes walk from Oita JR station.
Room is small but clean and cozy. Bed is comfortable.
Good wifi.
Staff is attentive.

Buffet breakfast is more to local style.

Good value for those who travel on a budget.
Good stays overall!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Great hotel, staff speak English , room was super nice, had everything you need from making coffee in the morning, wifi, great location, lots of restaurants near by, and of course the shopping. Friendly staff. and breakfast was amazing. Recommend to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Not sure why but the lady who checked us in didn't look very happy. Perhaps she had to work during the Golden Week. But apart from that lady, the other staff were ok-friendly.

We booked the Deluxe Double non-smoking room and it was on a smoking floor. We thought that as long as the room did not have the stale smoke smell, it would be fine. It did not and we gave the room a shot. However, late at night and early in the morning, smoke from the other smoking rooms crept in and it gave me a bad headache. So we asked to change room and they were nice to give us a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor. However, the room was a downgrade as they do not have Deluxe Double non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor. Since it was going to be one night, I accepted it. The new room we got had a pretty strong stale smoke smell even though it was a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor, but I just closed 2 eyes.

The cleanliness of the new room was not very good as a lot of places had settled dust, especially in the toilet. It made me wonder if the room they gave us was like a back-up room.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded May 11, 2017

Thank you for staying at HOTEL MYSTAYS OITA. We appreciate you spending your time to write to us.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this customer has incurred, despite my precious staying. We will take this issue seriously and will guide you to all staff so that there will not be such a thing again.

We appreciate taking the time to write to us. We sincerely hope to welcome you again at our hotel.