“Huge wings”

The Dug Out Sports Bar & Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Apalachin
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Huge portions, cheap pricing, kind of cool tiki bar. Great place for a guys or girls night out. Pizza is NY style and excellent. Try the nacho platter if you dare. It is served on a pizza pan. Service can be a little slow due to the amount of business especially on Tuesday (wing night) but just get a pitcher and relax with your friends!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I stopped at this place because of the recommendation of the front desk clerk at the Hampton Inn in Owego. She said they have the best pizza and wings. Well being from Buffalo... I will be the judge of that. Well I was shocked that she was right. The wings were flavored just like at home in Buffalo. They were crispy yet not over done, served hot with BLUE CHEESE not Ranch... Service was great even if it was one waitress for the entire room. Wasn't all that busy on a rainy night. Very good value for your money. I will stop here again.

1  Thank Paul_da_Bulldog
Bob P, Owner at The Dug Out Sports Bar & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2014

Thank-You for your kind, honest review! Bob

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went with a larger party on a Friday night, you would expect more wait staff, but that wasn't the case. I understand we were a large party and our waitress couldn't neglect her other tables, but as I see her coming and going to her other tables checking on them while our beverages were running low to out & waiting an eternity for pizza and wings...this was not good service! The pizza was okay & the wings were awesome...I must have eaten 50 myself (nursing my one beverage throughout the 2.5 hours we were there.) just visiting but will not likely return.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lots of fried foods. Some good sandwichs (speidie and cheesesteak for example). Pizza and wing place. Average pizza, but there is a lot of competition in this area for pizza so my average may be someone else's very good. Service can vary at times pretty slow on wing night (Tuesdays) because of the crowd. In the summer they have a outdoor beach bar (sand, palm trees, tiki hut, etc.) which would be great but because of no smoking laws all the smokers gather there on nice days.

Table seating inside. This is your average sports bar, you shouldn't expect world class food, but some pizza and a beer is a good once in a while routine.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We have repeatedly given this place a second chance! We use to love the pizza & wings but the last 4 times we went they had only ONE waitress on for the entire restaurant! We ordered stuffed potato skin, calamari and a spinach dip and they all tasted like something purchased out of frozen food section. Pizza wasn't good either and the same bartender that always works there is quiet rude!!