“Excellent value for money spent”

Quality Inn Binghamton West
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apalachin
Dubuque Iowa
“Excellent value for money spent”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I had the pleasure to stay at the Quality Inn Binghamton West during business related travels. The hotel is located centrally right off the highway but far enough set back to make it private and quiet.
The property is clean, the rooms well appointed, spacious with lots of amenities such as microwave and fridge upon request. There is high-speed internet access and lots of cable channnels. The exercise room is well equiped.
Their breakfast is the best I ever had at any comparable hotel. It is served on real china with real cuttlery not the plasticware you get elsewhere. The variety of food is phenomenal and all is served with a cheerful attitude.
A last note about the staff which I cannot praise enough for their courtesy, professionalism and plain old fashioned hospitality.
I will make it a point to stay at this property again as you cannot find so much bang for your buck elsewhere.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank frequentraveler45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Baltimore,MD
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This hotel has been one of the best experiences I have had in all my years of staying different places, from the friendliness of the staff, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, the great breakfast with the best variety served( not to mention the breakfast attendant who makes you feel like you are eating in her own kitchen) and the convenient location off the highway. What more could you ask for? I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to stay in the Binghamton area ( not very far to all attractions) because you get a GREAT value for the money you pay for a room there. Put this one on your must stay list.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gretajean
Rochester
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I arrived for the first time after calling to the Quality Inn-Binghamton West. Let me first say that when I called to find out if their were rooms with micros and Refridge. I was assured that they would be to be able to make me feel at home, they were very helpful! The voice was very pleasant, I thought this seems too good to be true. I was going to be on the road and really needed to be backed up with what people told me would be there awaiting me when I would come in at midnight. Not only were they true to their word. It was everything that they said and more! Cheryl Benninger the General Manager, is very humble and let me tell you she doesn't just go the the extra mile, cheryl and her loyal staff who I might add, follow her lead and example very lovingly, cheryl and her extended family " staff" they go the extra 21 miles, to make everyone feel special. I started to think that I was at Disney World where they go out of their way to treat their guests special.
Cheryl treats you like your family!! This home away from home should be the model in this day and age where you pay more for less customer service. Cheryl Benninger and her dedicated wonderful staff, I can honestly say that here You pay little for your room and receive an abundance of customer service. The owner of this hoel should be very proud of his choice of employees ( although I should call all his wonderful staff his FAMILY, because they handle this home away from home as if they were his one children and they had a vested interest in this place succeeding!) The character and Integrity of this staff, led by cheryl is something to behold! I have since stayed here 3-4 times, bringing others with me and they have found my raves to be true and on the modest side. There is a saying " Preach everywhere and if necessary use words"
Thats how to best describe cheryl with her extended staff of family, she leads by example and only when necessary she uses words, they love her! If your looking fora job in Hospitiality where your taught to treat the customers like Gold, come on over to Cheryls home away from home at the "QUALITY INN - BINGHAMTON WEST"[--]. I could only rate this using the rating above as 5 star. It would actually be a 25 STAR RATING in my opinion, don't take my word for it come on over and see all the other customers with smiles on their faces because of how hard the dedicated staff works to make you feel like family, and they do it with such ease. Hospitiality and going that extra 21 miles for you comes as natural to this wonderful staff as breathing. Did I tell you that when I have called back to this hotel direct to rebook another stay, because they have left a lasting impression on me , that their hotel is always on my mind when I think of Binghamton, NY, Cheryl always remembers my name and what kind of room I want. It just doesn't get any better than that!
I am a PC with Olan Mills, my husband and I have our own Cabinet Business, I know the goods when I see them, Cheryl and her loyal staff are the goods and I commend the owner, Amin Khan, who I have also met greeting the customers, for having the good common sense to hire such a QUALITY dedicated staff to handle his business at the QUALITY INN BINGHAMTON WEST.
Sincerly,
Margaret Blankfield,
Rochester, NY 14626

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Cleveland
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Filthy, noisy, disgusting. Too long of a horror story to relate here. I complained, even to the corporation, who referred me back to the manager. No way would she accept responsibility. We did not stay around for breakfast. Couldn't get out fast enough.
Never again. Will never even stay at a Choice Hotel again because of the lack of concern regarding the issue. I'll assume that they don't even care.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zeppelin8

Travelers are raving about these Apalachin hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Stopped off at this place whilst driving from Niagara to NYC. $70 for a really big double double room. Staff were friendly and efficient and gave us pointers to the Donoli’s restaurant about a mile up the road. Great cheap food in there.
Not much to say about the hotel as it’s fairly basic and there is not much around about it except a McDonalds and a Wendy’s, also a family diner next door. Breakfast included in the rate which was self service buffet with muffins, toast, fresh waffles etc. Not too bad really.
Free wi fi included in all the rooms, just ask for a code at reception. I was very happy with the hotel at that rate and would definitely stay there again

1 Thank RonaldoC
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We needed a pet friendly hotel in the area for a wedding we attended, and the Quality Inn worked out perfect. It's basically a no frills hotel, not a whole lot of amenties, but suited our needs. The room was clean, and was a pretty decent size (high ceilings definetely helped) and had a large bathroom. Plenty of space to walk the dog in the area, it's almost like a small grass park. Nearby "diner" was decent. The staff was quite friendly, the continental breakfast was decent. Small fridge and microwave were nice. Not a place I would go for vacation, but it works well for someone passing through during a trip or someone needing a place to stay in the area for a day or two.

• Liked — Pet friendly
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bobothehobo
North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Lots of television stations and free wireless. Staff very helpful and kind. Good continental breakfast in a clean dining area. Location is great, right off the highway. About 45 minutes to Ithaca, which is where we were headed.
For food, the Blue Dolphin restaurant next door is EXCELLENT!

• Liked — Great staff
  • Disliked — Difficulty in getting keys to work properly.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank estella241
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachin
#1 of 2 in Apalachin
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton

Been to Quality Inn Binghamton West? Share your experiences!