Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
Priceline$62
eDreams$53
Trip.com$61
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019

we stayed at toji room.the floor in the room is cold and there is no privacy at all with a thin door. you can hear external sounds,and you can not watch TV with out headphones.there are seasonal mosquitoes.there is neither a toilet nor a sink. if this is 1000 yen level. i will never stay again. people who do not understand talking acceptance,correspondence is the worst.
tojiルームは最悪でした。部屋の壁は薄い扉一枚で仕切られているだけで、まるで漫画喫茶みたい。外の音が聞こえるし、テレビはヘッドホンを付けないと見られない。トイレと洗面もないので、凄く不便です。温泉もあまり良いとは感じなかった。季節外れの蚊もいました。フロントも一人を除いて話を理解できない方がいて、対応はとても親切とは言えなかった。もう二度と泊まることはないでしょう。

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank Mobile56903634859
Reviewed December 13, 2018

Stayed one night at the ryokan. While the shared area offered good modern comfort (water dispenser, lift, etc.), the room I booked was set up in the traditional Japanese style complete with futons and tatami mats. It's possible to book a slot to use one of the private onsens. Also, the meals I had were great, with the half-board option including a mug of beer in addition to a very filling dinner. The ryokan also accommodated preferences - with western-style eating area and breakfast choices (although I would recommend picking the Japanese-style options).

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank TRH93
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

Very chill Ryokan in the middle of Beppu. It is located about 7 minutes from the train station, so within walking distance. The hotel staff is very helpful and the food was delicious. There is an onsen right in the Hotel, giving you the real Beppu experience. You can either use the public onsen or reserve the private onsen which I didn't try since I only stayed one night. The beds in the Modern Japanese Tourist rooms are very comfortable.

Now the flaws:
The onsen seems to be outdated and the walls look as if they need some cleaning since a while, the mirrors in the onsen are cloudy and give you a dirty feeling. The water temperature was to high for my taste. Since there are no rules hung up at the walls unexperienced chinese tourists just walked straight into the bath withou rinsing themselves off, for me it was fine since it was my 3rd onsen ever, however an experienced onsen guest could consider that as wrong and not hygenic.
Moreover, I have a fear of Spiders, I walked into my room and I had to see a spider sitting ontop of my bed which was already a downturn. Additionally, the walls are very thin making it hard to sleep at night espacially when guests upstairs have a good laughter...

However, I give the hotel 3 stars because the breakfast (japanese style) was very delicious and the staff was very very friendly, the rooms were tidy and the bed comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Yofstetter
Reviewed June 1, 2017

We got a traditional Japanese style room, which was spacey enough. I liked to sleep on futon bed, my wife didn't. It's a little hard, but I think ok. Japanese style breakfast was also ok, as well as private onsen. Only minus in hotel is that almost all the interior needs updating, not in style, but in condition. While we were visiting it they had already started to renovate lady's onsen, so I guess other interiors will be better too...
Location is great, near to everything in Beppu

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mievaan
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

10 minutes walk from beppu train station. our traditional room was very nice and clean. Just a little bit noisy. Sea is 5min by walk but the most beautiful part is quite far, better to take the bus. The hotel is quite far from jingoku meguri but there is some bus too. The onsen were so great! There is some private one, so perfect for people who have tatoos.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 821juliettel