All reviews wooden floors outdoor onsen train station hot spring bath storage toilet ryokan japan tradition yukata shoes
Selected filters
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

I was staying there solo when I went to visit a friend from a college.

Owner was friendly and caring. It’s bit old fashioned ryokan but it was very comfortable to stay. There are two kinds of Onsens available; one for different sex and the other was outside.

It’s free to use the outside hot spring by reserving in advance.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Very traditonal japanese. Room is clean. Onsen is very nice especially outdoor onsen.
Host and staff very friendly. Good location near trainstation where you can take a bus tour for Hell of Beppu. Breakfast is also delicious.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2018

The ryokan will allow you to choose one yukata from some selections of yukata. Yukata size vary from small to large. The ryokan looks very traditional, love it. Service was very good from the time we checked in till we left. The ryokan's okami was very friendly. Our room (Beppu) was big. We have an in room bath and toilet that was pretty retro. Breakfast just require a small fees, totally worth the price. Yummy and healthy. Enjoyed our stay there. Please remember to leave your shoes in the storage near the main entrance.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2018

In the hotel, the hot springs are good for me.They aren't to hot or cold.It is nice and the bed is nice too! My sister loves the sweets in the rooms. And now I am Bernice. I am 8 years old. The place is safe.
Written by Bernice.
The hotel is closed to the beppu tower. Around 2 mins walk. The hotel is very closed to the local amenities. But it was a little difficult to find even during the day. It is hidden in a network of narrow one way crossroads. It will be difficult to find at night. There is a family bath for my whole family. The temperature is not too hot even for my 4 and 8 years old.
Written by John, the father
Charmaine loves the hot springs but some times she said its too hot.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Old charming ryokan. Love the tradtional style throughout the ryokan. You get to decide if you want breakfast or not for a small fee when you check in. Free yukata and you get to choose which one you like. There was an outdoor onsen you can book once during your stay as well. Be warned the water was quite warm for summer! We stayed in summer and there's no air con in the corridor. I saw big cockroach and spider at night. So if this is not your thing, you'd better of staying in a hotel. We enjoyed our time there. Staff was friendly and spoke good English. Breakfast was also delicious and they kept your luggage in the hallway if you want to after check out.

Date of stay: July 2017