All reviews the bus public bath single room nice hotel tempura restaurant rooms are comfortable the main highway small room decent size front desk staff perfect location hotel is located convenience store breakfast buffet in house minute walk shopping mall
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Nice and humble hotel. While it is not that fancy it is comfortable and cheap. If you are on a budget limited travel this can be choice. It also has rotenburo. I saw some foreigners visitor here, so i think if your japanese is limuted it would not be a problem.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Roam811077, お客様担当マネージャー at Nishitetsu Resort Inn Beppu, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2019

Dear sir,

Thank you for reviewing us.
And,thank you for your favorable feedback about our hotspring.
We are glad you wrote "Nice hotels" about us.

We look forward to your next visit.

SHINYA IWATA
NISHITETSU RESORT INN BEPPU

Reviewed December 31, 2018

If you are coming from the train its about 10 to 15 mins walk. And there are stairs when you use the underpass if you are carrying a large luggage. Walk around to the traffic light if the lugages are heavy to be carried up and down the stairs. If you are taking the bus or coach, the bus terminal is just beside the hotel. Give the beppu tower a miss if you can, which is about 5 minutes walk away. There is a shopping mall right across the road which has a supermarket. There is another shopping mall if you want to walk further down. Relatively safe and quiet at night. Just a little too far from the train station.

We love the room, spacious enough for two large luggages and we can see the mountain from our window. Onsen is available. Hotel room is clean and daily housekeeping is available.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Amelia_Mei
Roam811077, お客様担当マネージャー at Nishitetsu Resort Inn Beppu, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Thank you for using Nishitetsu Resort Beppu this time. Thank you again for your kind attention. It will be an encouragement to my future as customers feel comfortable and very satisfied with their staff. We aim to be a hotel aimed at providing you with more peace and mind to more customers without relying on the words you have spoken to us. Please use again. I am looking forward to your next reservation at the bottom of my mind. Front Nakashima

Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is quite a long walk away - about 10-15 mins walk from station. From outside station, walk towards the straight long road ahead till end, go down & up Underpass, turn left to hotel about 1 min away. Those with big luggages will struggle going up & down the underpass stairs.

Based on our 2 nights experiences,

Pros

1. Friendly & warm staff

2. Decent size but comfortable ,clean modern room. But toilet small & has odd step-up ledge.

3. Good location - facing main road. Many dining options, shops & near bus stops to other attractions.

Cons

1. Breakfast choice limited. Food not replenished when nearer last part of breakfast time.

2. The in-house onsen is small ( 2 small pools) & is more of a normal hot water public bath rather than a real onsen. In Noboribetsu, the hotel onsen has different health minerals in different pools & one can really feel the real onsen difference after using it.

The rates are not exactly cheap for this class & size of hotel but with onsens included in-house, it supposedly gives good value.

However, as these are more of a hot water public bath than real onsens- personally we felt it is not worth it.
There are other hotels in same area without "public baths"- at lower rates.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Travelove58

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

Getting there:
1. From Beppu Station: The hotel is located in Kitahama, Beppu, and is about a 10-minute walk from Beppu Station. From the Station, take the east exit and just go straight till you reach the main intersection. Go down the underpass to get to the hotel.

2. By airport bus: get off at Kitahama Bus Center. Once you get off the bus, walk towards the left past Jolly Pasta.
---

The Kamenoi Bus ticketing office is located at the hotel lobby. You can get Jigoku meguri (Hell tours) tickets from there. Beppu Kitahama Bus stop is also right in front of the hotel. There are family restaurants (Jolly Pasta, Royal Host, yakiniku place) on the same side of the street, as well as a convenience store. Right across is Tokiwa mall, and it has a Starbucks, 100 yen shop, Uniqlo, etc.
---

Nishitetsu Resort Inn Beppu has its own hot spring. In my 3 nights there, I actually never used the bath in my room. I made sure to make the most out of the outdoor (rotenburo) and indoor baths. Hehehe (it's public and Japanese style, meaning you take a bath together with strangers. Separate baths for men and women.)

My room was on the 6th floor, where the drink and cup noodle vending machines are. They even have a microwave oven there. Washing machines are also found in that same room. I just didn't notice if they also had laundry detergents available. Steam press irons (?) Are also available and can be found right in front if the elevators.

The hotel serves breakfast buffet from 6-9am, for only 500 yen. Just go straight to the concierge to purchase a breakfast ticket if you don't have one yet. The food was ok, and i loved the toriten and eggs. I just wish that they had fresh fruits instead of canned ones for yoghurt.

Only 4 stars since the bathroom exhaust was dirty (the cover collected dust and was too was grey!) And the humidifier had molds. I wanted to use the humidifier since it was very dry, but found it disgusting because of the molds.

I'd definitely stay here again, though, if ever i come back to Beppu.

(Photos taken from bus station fronting Starbucks)

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 26_KatYa_26
Roam811077, 広報担当マネージャー at Nishitetsu Resort Inn Beppu, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Reviewed November 29, 2018

This hotel is in a very good location, about 5 minutes walk downhill from the train station. The room was fairly small though probably average size for Japan. The onsen was good. The breakfast buffet was well worth 500 yen although limited (though adequate) for western style food. There are lots of restaurants close by and there is a supermarket across the road in the basement of the shopping centre and also a supermarket to the right when exiting and a few minutes walk.
The resort of Beppu itself was a disappointment for us as it was the only dirty town in our 3-week holiday in Japan. It had lots of litter in the streets and an unkempt beach and beach front. The hot springs areas were just ‘okay’ and the scenic train (through the mountains) that we booked was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
However Beppu had our favourite restaurant of the 3 weeks. There were a couple of ‘Robata-jin’ Izakaya restaurants nearby at the bottom (on left side when facing upwards) of the main street that lead up to the train station and we ate in Robata-jin all 3 nights as food and experience was superb!

Date of stay: October 2018