The 5 storey Hare building and 8 storey Umi building were connected from 1st to 4th floors. With a total of 48 rooms, each had its own in-room onsen viewing Beppu Bay.
Onsen: The warmth from stony in-room onsen and the cool breezes from Beppu Bay would sooth your mind and body in tranquility. The open-air onsen on first floor had a fantastic close touch with Beppu Bay, you could hear the gentle splash of sea waves while relaxing in a secluded but yet semi-open area with greeneries around. It was preferable than the public in-door onsen on 8th floor.
Massage: I had a 1 hour massage in Aromatherapy salon R, needed to be booked ahead of time, and was offered an extra 10 mins hand massage for a trial price of 500yen.
Sheer Pearl on 8th floor for spa treatment.
Cuisine: Had dinner in Eitaro was a real feast with seafood. 2 hours of night Live music band and free coffee and tea served was on 1st floor Sweet Basil and Bar. As a tourist, I won’t choose Banya which seemed to be serving fusion cuisine. Gen restaurant could be your next choice if Eitaro was full house.
Breakfast in next morning was most special among all onsen hotels I had been to so far.
Room: We stayed in room ‘E’ on roof top garden setting of Hare 5/F. This spacious western style room had large twin bed, living room, massage chair and in-room onsen with TV display. It was playing spa music while we check-in the room (They were selling the disc for 2600 yen).
Service: Excellent service. Staff including bell captain and receptionists, were helpful and friendly. Waitress reminding us not to rush while eating breakfast though we were the last couple in the restaurant.
Great amenities, large range of yukata for ladies, clogs provided within the hotel were also special.
Wi-fi: Available on lobby and in rooms of Umi building
Access: East exit of JR Beppu station
1. Taxi fare around 1500-2000 yen
2. Bus #26 or 50, takes 20 mins for 270 yen per person. Get off at ‘Yasuragi-mae’, where there was a KFC on side of road. Seikai was diagonally across the road.
3. Nearest local train station – 10 mins walk from Beppu daigaku-eki (university station)
Can’t wait to return to Seikai, next time would stay at least 3 nights to fully enjoy it as a resort.
Despite there is a new reservation page in English on its website, it has limited dinner choice. If you wish to treat yourself with a good dinner, try the more difficult reservation in Japanese.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering dynamic sea views from the comfort of an open-air bath on the beach as well as luxurious guest rooms All rooms are ocean view, with open-air bath and strong individuality styles, with three places to eat. Our "hot spring resort traditional hotel" will put a smile on your face 【Tourism website, as our recommendation】 If your plan in Japan is not decided yet, we strongly recommend using the “Huber. TOMODACHI GUIDE". By this Huber. TOMODACHI GUIDE, they help you organize the best plans including the places only locals know for free. If you pay, the guides can show you around these places too, so feel free to start talking to local guides through this!! Please make most of following discount code. 「tKqmpzfP」 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Rakuten, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.