All reviews public bath minute walk shopping area tram station convenient location luggage guests wifi bed
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2019

It's not my first time staying in an APA hotel and this hotel is just like other APA hotels - petite and has everything you need. Rooms are just spacious enough for one person's luggage, bathroom is slightly small. Bed is comfortable as well. WiFi was free but could be a bit unstable from time to time. The public bath is small but is good enough for a relaxing bath.

The hotel is 2 minute walk from tram station, which takes like 10 minutes to Kumamoto Station. It's also 10 minute walk from the Shopping Area and downtown. Not a fancy hotel but has everything you will need.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Ambassador811100, Front at APA Hotel Kumamoto Kotsu Center Minami, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Thanks for your stay at APA Hotel Kumamoto-Kotsu Center Minami.
And We're pleased to receive your opinion , too.
We're looking foward to see you again.

Front Okamoto

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

Book 4 nights with this hotel, but decide to stay only one night, staff not helpful, drove a Nissan 4 seater but was told sedan too big for hotel carpark, only one English speaking staff tried to ignore our situation. Toilet was too small to try bathing a 5 yr old kid.Breasfast not meant for tourist from overseas.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Room is similar, have a hot spring area in hotel. Location was good, walk to tram station around 2 minutes.
Hotel was near shopping area and restaurant, reception staff were kind and will provide some travel information to guest.

Date of stay: February 2017
アパホテル熊本交通センター南, 担当 at APA Hotel Kumamoto Kotsu Center Minami, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thanks for your stay at APA hotel kumamoto kotsu center minami .
We feel so happy to read your precious opinion .
If you have a chance to come Kumamoto sometime , please make a reservation at our hotel again .
We looking forward to see you again .

Front staff : Okamoto

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

This is my first time to stay in APA Hotel, it is a disappointed experience. We booked total 5 rooms, all are old and the toilet is worse e.g. moldy, extremely small... you can't feel comfortable in this hotel. The place of buffet breakfast, um.... I can't described it as a restaurant, it is small and old. $700-1000 per night, but I think that is not worth to money, it is the grading of hostel only.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your stay at APA hotel kumamoto kotsu center minami .
And also so sorry to made you feel uncomfortable .
We'll make an effort to make more comfortable hotel , based on your precious opinion .
Thanks again .

Front staff : Okamoto

Reviewed December 12, 2016

I really enjoyed my stay in Kumamoto, it's a nice city with a good fee. The APA hotel there is modern, super clean and well set up. Although the room is small it's well set up and I was very comfortable. There's a nice hot bath in the hotel too. Breakfast was pretty good but make sure you purchase it the day before or it becomes expensive (coffee wasn't great but that's not the end of the world). The best bit was the staff. They were really helpful - I had some legal documents I needed to get printed / signed / witnessed and sent back to the UK and the guys sorted me out. Well located (one minute walk from he tram stop and twenty minutes walk from the castle).

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
アパホテル熊本交通センター南, 担当 at APA Hotel Kumamoto Kotsu Center Minami, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2016

I had you stay at the APA Hotel Kumamoto Kotsu Center south, and thank you.
You seemed to be able to enjoy Kumamoto and are glad very much.
In addition, you seemed to be able to like the hotel, too and are glad very much.
When I come to Kumamoto again, I look forward to that I can see again.
Thank you for having you contribute it .