See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2016

I was so disappointed with Wasuki. It looked beautiful online but we ended up in a smelly room (cigrrette smoke in a non smoking room) a dirty bathroom with grim I had to wipe off, a moldy shower and dirty faucet handles. Staff did not always notice us and usually did not greet us or say goodbye. Oh, and a nasty looking red splotchy stain in the sheet.

Location was fantastic.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann B
Reviewed March 12, 2016 via mobile

1. Hot spring room is not traditional but very clean and comfort. Women Hot spring has been locked by password, so safety
2. The parking is a problem if your car is higher than 1600mm. I need to drive around 300m away 24hrs parking(around 1200yen per night, depends on your parking time)
3. The Japanese style room quite small even I book 5 persons in one room. I wonder we are late check-in so we have no choice.

Anyway, hotel is so nice for shopping and clean

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank G9737TCkarenw
Reviewed March 12, 2016

We was stay 3 days in Wasuki Tsukasakan, the location of hotel is very good which very near the train station. The equipment and environment is quite clean and designed with Japanese style. Cleaner clean our room deeply and I admired their proactive services. The bathing place is also very good. I would like to say big thanks to female staff (I forget the name, the one who wear suit) who is very polite and patient to listen the customer request and inquiry. I would also want to say big thanks to men staff (I don't know the name, the one who wear suit and work in night shift), he helped us to locate the microwave proactively and I was surprised his working style which I was admired.

Strongly suggest this hotel and we must come again when we go Kumamoto next time!

Room tip: Very good service from the staff
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

When my gps could not locate the hotel due to close proximity of the alleys, we rang the hotel & a staff was dispatched to 'find' us. He ran almost 100m, saw us, then guided our car to the hotel car park. Kudos! We like the modern touch to this ryokan. Front desk staff were well groomed & competent. Location is superb with shopping & eateries within walking distance. Kumamoto Castle was also within sight. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank cliffman33
Reviewed November 26, 2015

*Good
- Breakfast. a kind of buffet. It was wonderful. But I'm sure that western people does not like this spread. It cost only 1,100 yen.
- Location. Very close to street car station, shopping street, and the Kumamoto castle. The convenient store is just next to the hotel.
- Staff. Very kind and helpful. He took the elevator for me when I checked out.
- free Wifi. It worked. not so fast though.

* Bad
- Bed. It was the worst bed in my life!! definitely! Very hard, low, and not that clean.
- noise. You can hear every single sound from the outside. Yep, people's voice, noise from some machines...I couldn't sleep well.
- Room. Too bright to get into sleep.
- I stayed there for 2 nights, and they didn't clean my room. Instead, they just hung a bag of new towels at the door of my room.
- price. I paid more than 32,000 yen for 2 nights. I think it is truly expensive considering the quality of the room.

In conclusion, this hotel isn't good for staying and sleep.
I chose this hotel because it was very close to the castle and was made in Japanese style. But there are many options in Kumamoto. So don't expect a lot or find other nicer regular hotels.

Room tip: Find other hotels.
Date of stay: November 2015