See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2015 via mobile

When my gps could not locate the hotel due to close proximity of the alleys, we rang the hotel & a staff was dispatched to 'find' us. He ran almost 100m, saw us, then guided our car to the hotel car park. Kudos! We like the modern touch to this ryokan. Front desk staff were well groomed & competent. Location is superb with shopping & eateries within walking distance. Kumamoto Castle was also within sight. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank cliffman33
Reviewed November 26, 2015

*Good
- Breakfast. a kind of buffet. It was wonderful. But I'm sure that western people does not like this spread. It cost only 1,100 yen.
- Location. Very close to street car station, shopping street, and the Kumamoto castle. The convenient store is just next to the hotel.
- Staff. Very kind and helpful. He took the elevator for me when I checked out.
- free Wifi. It worked. not so fast though.

* Bad
- Bed. It was the worst bed in my life!! definitely! Very hard, low, and not that clean.
- noise. You can hear every single sound from the outside. Yep, people's voice, noise from some machines...I couldn't sleep well.
- Room. Too bright to get into sleep.
- I stayed there for 2 nights, and they didn't clean my room. Instead, they just hung a bag of new towels at the door of my room.
- price. I paid more than 32,000 yen for 2 nights. I think it is truly expensive considering the quality of the room.

In conclusion, this hotel isn't good for staying and sleep.
I chose this hotel because it was very close to the castle and was made in Japanese style. But there are many options in Kumamoto. So don't expect a lot or find other nicer regular hotels.

Room tip: Find other hotels.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank JamesTheCho
Reviewed September 9, 2015 via mobile

The location of this hotel is very good, in the middle of a shopping area. The place is a little on the old side but kept in clean condition. The onsen on the top floor was quite large and outdated, and there was no view. My husband, 5 year old son and I stayed just 1 night and enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning. For the price and location, I thought the hotel the hotel was a good deal.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2015 via mobile

Very friendly and polite staff in a hotel that is conveniently located just a few steps from the shopping arcade and within walking distance from Kumamoto castle.

The rooms are a bit small but are very clean. The breakfast is only Japanese style.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2015

We managed to book Wasuki despite an event in Kumamoto causing most hotels to be fully booked during our time there. The location was fantastic, just above the shopping street. However, parking options were limited and we were asked to park at the public carpark a street away. The rooms were slightly dated, but spacious and comfortable nonetheless. Breakfast options were excellent and very tasty, great way to start our day. Would recommend to all.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
和数奇ホテルズアンドリゾーツ, staff at Kumamoto Wasuki Tsukasakan, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2015

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review.

We are happy when you enjoy staying with us.

We also very glad to know you will choose us again when your next visit to Kumamoto.
We look forward to welcoming you again.