All reviews ferry terminal main dish great location welcome drink room was clean dolphin aquarium bacon and fried eggs pleasant stay good size local specialty upon check kind staff grilled fish hotel breakfast sweet potato stayed here for one night shopping area
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2019

The hotel is located at the center of action. When we were here in November, we were lucky to see the procession of the 150th anniversary of the Meiji restoration passing through the front door of the hotel. The big department store Yamagataya is almost next door and there are plenty of shopping streets and eateries near the hotel. We especially enjoyed this Izakaya restaurant called Gin no Tora (銀ノ虎) 2-min walk away toward Sakura-jima.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patty L
Cosmopolitan808747, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Kagoshima Kinseicho, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2019

Thank you for your staying our hotel.

We are glad to hearing that you are pleased with the location, Izakaya Gin no Tora, the procession of the 150th anniversary of the Meiji restoration.
There are many other wonderful places in Kagoshima so please come again. We are looking forward to seeing you again in Kagoshima soon.

Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2019

I had a very memorable 3 night stay at this hotel. It is right off the Asahidori tram station so getting to it from the Kagoshima Chuo was easy. We walked to the ferry terminal (for Sakurajima) no problem and although the hill observatory was a bit of a walk, it was manageable. Tenmonkan isn't far off at all. Personally I think this is a better location to stay at than Tenmonkan.

I had the compact twin room so moving around was a bit challenging (typical of Japanese hotels) but the bed was real comfy. Everything was spotless clean. Power outlets at headboard make phone charging easy. My room even has a free mobile phone with free mobile data for me to use.

Many floors have vending machines and microwaves, great for heating up those supermarket bentos. The room has a humidifier and a bulky pant press which personally I think should have been an item you ask for when needed instead of taking up precious space in the room.

Staff were nice and courteous although I didn't really get to interact with them much cause I had everything I needed. I would definitely stay here if I am there again.

Room tip: Rooms facing asahidori may afford you a distant glimpse of Sakurajima
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2019

Left Kanagawa and stopped at Kirishima Onsen Town for black port shabu shabu, enroute to Kagoshima. Arriving at Richmond hotel with no problem. However, our RAV4 SUV was too big for the automated carpark at the hotel so we had to park at a nearby public carpark arranged by the Hotel. We stayed in Richmond 3 years ago and had good memory hence we pick Richmond again this time. The reception team is still wonderful, with their limited English they satisfied us with all kind of request.
Richmond is located conveniently, a tram station located just outside the hotel, take us to Chuo Station with a large shopping complex full of eateries. It is also within walking distance to the shopping streets in Kagoshima.
We spent 4 nights at Kagoshima, visiting Ibusuki Onsen for sand bath, visited somen "swimming" noodles, and flower garden in day 2. Visited Sakurajima valcano island on day 3 witnessing a small eruption!
Day 4 was Christmas day and we had a shopping and eating spree from Chuo station to Temmonkan-dori shopping area.
Worth mentioning is the breakfast included in our trip. Good buffet spread and 4 choices of Japanese and Western main bento.
We left Kagoshima satisfied before going to Kurokawa onsen on day 5.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Leave my car is easy in the car park as there is assistance. Right next door I can start check in there. Staffs are very helpful and knowledgeable. We are showed with our entitlement clearly and what to expect. Little sourvnier for kids and ladies guest. Payment is also very convenient as they will show you pay with a vending machine which is almost fully automated. Fantastic stay and location and easy to move around. Definitely 1st choice if I have to come back Kagoshima again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AUG2016familytrip
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

Located just opposite a big shopping mall, walking distance to Dolphin Port. Parked at the hotel carpark for 1000Y per day. It’s a mechanised system and they have staff there to fetch your car, easy! Booked the newly refurbished twin tatami room and it’s spacious. Love the separated bathroom, toilet and wash basin area which is a bonus especially in Japan when prefabricated tiny 3-in-1 washroom is the norm. Kid’s breakfast cost 600Y which is value for money. Free face mask and facial products sachets available at front desk. Overall, great stay. Definitely will stay in this hotel again

Date of stay: November 2018