“Good Business Hotel”

Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk
Ranked #12 of 191 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel in June 13 - Nice hotel - Good Gym , nearby shopping malls. Stay at this hotel if your work area is nearby. Two things to take note of if you are here -:
1. No Wifi in the rooms - First time to experience a hotel with no paid option to have Wifi - They do have a LAN connection but if you are hoping to hook on smart phones or tablets then beware.
2. IF your phone does not have roaming on it so make sure you arrange for a rental phone. A company called rentaphonejapan can deliver a hand set straight to the hotel. Unlike other places you cannot just go and pick up a prepaid sim in Japan.

Room Tip: High Floors recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Hotel R, Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
We receive many good comments about how convenient our location is, and we are proud to say it is our very strong unique sales point.
We greatly appreciated you taking the time to write about your experience with us and we are all looking forward to being able to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting Fukuoka.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Overall, it was a nice stay in Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk - Nice room, Friendly staffs.
From my arrival on the hotel to departure from there, staffs were friendly and were willing to help. Room was in good condition and clean, I was able to enjoy the view of sea and Fukuoka tower from my room. Breakfast buffet was nice, I enjoyed variety of delicious foods.

Actually, as this hotel is not located in city centre, location is not as good as those hotels located in Hakata station or Tenjin area, however, public bus system of Fukuoka is great, I did not have big problem.

As I enjoyed my time in this hotel, If I visit Fukuoka again, I will choose Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hotel R, Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

The team and I were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with your family.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them. For us its always important to hear what our guests thinks in order for us to improve and we will continue doing so in the future.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If You pay the extra for the Hilton chain, You surely expect services on a higher pro-guest level. The bigger are Your expectations, when Hilton is such a landmark building in the area. Hilton Sea Hawk, however, did not meet my expectations. The rooms are of a normal japanese size, no design style attempt at all - simple like elsewhere I stayed in Japan, The bathrooms are small and would be good in a 3* hotel in Europe. By the way, the washlets in Hilton were simplier than in low-cost hotels in Tokyo.

If You choose Sea Hawk for the outdoor pool, reconsider it - simply, it is not open for most of the year (opens mid July, despite lovely temperatures already in May). If open, it is even payable access, 14 USD per entry (excuse me, payable access to the outdoor pool in Hilton?). You want to rest outdoors on a terrace and swim indoors? Sorry, not possible - they looked at me like I was an alien, despite the 28c temperature and sunny days. The nearby beach is empty and the water not clean - no place for sunseekers and Hilton obviously wants to save money on closing the outdoor pool (despite it´s having it nicely depicted on its initial webpage)

Would You like to see any english speaking TV channel before the sleep? I didnt find a single one.

The most funny part is the internet access. This really made me laughing. The guests (mostly from Korea, China) with all the latest tablets and smartphones are gathering in the lobby and soaking up the data. In the evenings, the lobby is full of people staring at their devices. The management doesnt care - ignores completely the guests needs - and lets them sit for ours at the front desk. This ignorance to a massive need doesnt come as OK for the Hilton chain to me. It would be feasable for a high-end hotel to manage the wirless access in the rooms, but they simply do not care and rather allow this embarassing gatherings.

So Hilton, being a landmark and having a wonderful lobby with very good breakfasts is not enough. "Not Possible" approach is what will make me save money next time, and go somewhere else. Hilton brand is not worth the extra money in this case.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Beersheva
Hotel R, Josh Roberts - Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not up to the standard that you were expecting on this occasion.
The team and I were disappointed to hear of your experiences during your stay.
Your comments about the Pool, Internet access and English TV have been discussed with the team members and management of the Hotel.
I wish to assure you that the team strives to exceed our guest’s expectations (as you can see from many of the comments posted on this site) and I apologise for this not occurring during your stay.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the first time I stay in a Hilton property in Japan.

Bad things first. As a HHonors Gold, it's the first time I didn't get an executive room upgrade. I asked the front desk about the upgrade policy, the staff told me that they will only upgrade rooms for 1 category. When I ask which category is “1 category below executive”, it seems that she have no idea. Also, there was no offer for paid upgrade despite the fact that there was availability on executive floor. By the way, one of my friends who is also HH Gold, stayed there before. He booked the cheapest room but got executive room upgrade. Well, YMMV.

On the good side, I think the level of service here is the best among the Hilton properties I’ve ever stayed. Staff helped me to carry my luggage and escorted me to my room. Also, although I didn’t have lounge access, I’ve got a coupon for a breakfast in the restaurant and another coupon for a drink in any restaurant or bar.

Location maybe a minor problem. With 20-30 min bus ride from Hakata/Tenjin (220 JPY) or 5 min taxi ride from Tojinmachi (750 JPY), it's aceptable. I can get to Hakata Station in 20 min by taxi and metro.

I still got 5 bookings in Hilton properties in my current trip in Japan. I hope I will enjoy them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Hotel R, Josh Roberts - Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your first experience of staying at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
Fukuoka has very high standards of accommodation and hence your praise for our Hotel was very much appreciated.
The team and I were very appreciative of the time you took to detail the things that you liked and the areas that you felt we can still improve on.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for a conference 5/21-5/25. My room was kept very clean and was good sized by Japanese hotel standards. The gym was small and crowded. The breakfast buffet was reasonable. I ate in the lounge twice, which was ok, but service could have been quicker. To give you an idea of where it is with respect to the city center, the taxi into town was about a 10 minute ride and was JPY 1170. I didn't get a chance to explore the area around the hotel: it was immediately adjacent to the ball park, so that might be a plus for some travelers. There was also a mall nearby, but again, I was pretty much stuck in the hotel. Not bad, not great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.
Feedback is an essential part of our efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities. Be assured that all feedback is taken very seriously and shared amongst the management team and the team members alike for improvement and further review.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I attended this hotel for a meeting, and so far as the meeting rooms were concerned, the hotel was brilliant. They were set up nice, they were bright, and for the most part comfortable. I was, however, dissapointed with the sleeping room. My room was stuffy, and small (ok it IS Japan) and there was no vent or way to open the window in the room. I know that hotels do this supposedly to balance their A/C system, but, well, I just don't like it.
The Hilton HHonors club is one of the most strict I've ever been to. They didn't allow even one guest complimentary. Only Wine and Beer were available on the buffet during happy hour; mixed drinks had to be requested.
The bathroom showed some signs of mold, and I had almost no room to put away clothes as there were hardly any drawers and the closet only had room for 4 hangers. But I was only there for a week.
There aren't a lot of restaurants near this hotel, and the ones inside the hotel are extraordinarily expensive.
The gym was adequate and the pool was ok.
This hotel is in serious need of a facelift, especially the rooms. I don't know what they have to do, but it should look like something that is not out of the 1970s.
Also, the only public transit near the hotel is the bus, it stops right in front and two different lines take you to either Hakata or Tenjin station in 15-25 minutes. The subway is a good 25 minute walk.
If you are planning to come to Fukuoka for some touring; don't stay here. For business it might be ok of you're here only for a few days.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Hotel.
I wish to assure you that all feedback is taken very seriously and shared amongst the management team and the team members alike for improvement and further review.
Once again I sincerely apologize for all the issues that you experienced in our hotel and hope that you are willing to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have spent a night at the hotel. It's pretty much a clean & comfortable place to stay. room space is considerably big compare to ordinary hotel room in Japan. that makes it acceptable to a bit for from center of the city and all. it's only a few minutes away from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel R, Josh Roberts - Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
We were very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.