Just checked out of a 4-night stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Seahawk Hotel.
We reserved an executive room for the extras that were well worth spending a little more.
Our room on the 32nd floor had an awesome view of the Yahoo Dome as well as the airplanes flying in and out of Fukuoka airport.
The staff was very responsive and could speak excellent English.
During Cocktail Hour (included in the price of Executive rooms), they served appetizers and drinks that included Yebisu beer and Moet Champagne. Very nice!
The spa facilities and 24 hour fitness center were excellent.
The Breakfast buffet on the 4th floor lobby had a huge selection of both Japanese and Western food items with especially good made-to-order omelettes.
The Kin Yoh Tei teppanyaki on the 35th floor was our only let down. Dinner was okay, but for the amount that we paid (nearly 25,000 yen for two people), I think that things could have been much better. To put it simple, we left hungry.
The Hilton Seahawk is located relatively close to the airport, and directly in front of the sea, Fukuoka Tower, and the Yahoo dome. Compared to a stay at the Grand Hyatt in Hakata(the closest in level of nearby hotels) , I would have to say that the location of the Hilton Seahawk may be a bit disappointing. If you wanted to explore the heart of the city, you would have to take a train or bus to get there. Slightly inconvenient.
This was our first time visiting the Seahawk since the Hilton brand took over the property from Japan Airlines. I must say, that Hilton has done an exceptional job since taking over.
We had a very nice stay and would love to visit again someday soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning views overlooking Hakata Bay and the City of Fukuoka at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk hotel. With a prime oceanfront location, adjacent to Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome, this hotel is situated in Fukuoka city, Japan's closest major city to China, Korea and Taiwan. Enjoy expertly prepared dishes at our onsite restaurants, relax at the indoor and outdoor pools or host an expertly planned event in our 6,000 sq. m. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Rakuten, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, JAPANiCAN, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Hotel Fukuoka
- Jal Hotel Sea Hawk Fukuoka