“Not the best Hilton I've stayed in”

Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk
Ranked #9 of 184 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
London, United Kingdom
“Not the best Hilton I've stayed in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night for client meetings and flew in from Seoul. There is an issue with language and this makes any need for confirmation or complaint an issue. The rooms in the hotel are tired alongside the common areas and in need of upgrading. Breakfast buffet was good, but very busy, all the staff seemed to cope well. The rooms I found very basic and no where near the feeling of luxurious you would expect from a hotel this size.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was not up to the standard that you were expecting on this occasion.
Please accept my apology for having failed to deliver the level of service which you had expected from the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
Your comments relating to the rooms are valuable and taken up for future reference.
Thank you again, and hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you, when your travels bring you to Fukuoka.

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I've stayed here twice, once in 2010 and again this year. Excellent service as usual in Japan with super attentive staff. I thought it had a good breakfast buffet, and the location is perfect for going to a Sea Hawks game, also easy bus service to and from city (not too bad a walk to the metro/subway either). Rooms are good, not 5 star but general international business hotel standard.

HOWEVER, no wifi in room just a LAN which my corporate firewall blocked. Also, buffet is not so great at lunch. More painful, the hotel bars are terrible. The atrium bar is wide open and empty and perfectly quiet and closes early. The little 'fancy' bar in the back, the 'cigar bar' is both cramped and desolate at the same time. And the VJ bar is just lame, plus they charge a cover for basically nothing. And the location of the hotel is boring, the mall attached to the Dome is terrible and there is little else close by. And this is Fukuoka, not Tokyo, so not all the staff speak English so well.

Sushi restaurant on the 34th floor is good though, with great views, but pricy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DiggerNL
, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk and for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay.
We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed our service, breakfast and convenient location.

With regard to the WiFi and bar issues; the team and I wish to apologise for not being able to meet your expectations on this occasion, but hope that on your next stay, you will see the changes we have made to further improve our guests experience.

With regard to the WiFi facilities; I am pleased to say that we have just launched our new Ibahn WiFi solution in our meeting and public areas. This state of the art system is complimentary in our public areas and will soon be rolled out into our guest rooms as well. Until then, we will continue to provide complimentary LAN internet access in our rooms.

Your comments about your Bar experiences have been raised with our Director of Operations and we will be reviewing our set ups, to see how we can further enhance our guests experience.

If you wish to provide any further feedback about your stay; I would warmly encourage you to contact me to discuss this at anytime.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Arrived late last night - and end of day one - NOT impressed overall - hope it gets better as the week progresses - I will be here for 7 days...

I came to Fukuoka for a business event being held at the Sea Hawk. The event had a special show rate for a "Single" Room so that is what we booked. I have booked "single" (occupancy) rooms globally - but was not aware that a "single" room here meant Single Bed / small room / and ONE of everything (towels / cups / etc) in the room.

My wife is coming out to join me 1/2 way through my 10 day stay here in Japan (since it is my / her first time outside of Narita Airport)

Once I checked in I quickly figured out that it may not be so comfortable to have a "single" room for both of us once she arrived. I explained this to the staff and at first (with some language barrier) they said they could not help me - but with some additional inquiry to a next level person- they accommodated me with a complimentary upgrade to a double room (two beds in one room with more space - they could not offer me a King room or a one large bed room) [I even offered to pay for the large bed room - they could not commit to one for me since my stay was so long - hmmm wouldn't you think they would want me to be happy since I was staying for 'so long' and I said I would pay for the "king bed" room]

Overall the staff in front and at the bell desk is very friendly and attentive.

I cannot say the same for the staff in the breakfast / dinner buffet restaurant - they do all they can to ignore offering service (today is only day one and we were ignored at breakfast and dinner and poor service was obvious all around)

Tonight was Hawaiian Buffet special night - and my business colleague wanted to try - and for $55 USD - it was similar to a really bad Vegas buffet - for way too much money.

The internal ambiance is nice and the water views are good from my original 8th floor room and now from my 21st floor room.

The hotel has a Vegas quality of shopping inside - (meaning lots of stuff to look at for high prices and not many people actually buying)

Looking forward to my wife coming mid week - we will get out and see the surrounding area more - but until then - it is work and more work within the confines of the hotel and meeting areas

No Western / English TV just means I stay focused on work while I can't sleep due to jet lag...

Hope my experience up in Tokyo next weekend is much better...

Room Tip: Note - a 'single' room is just that - a very small single bed room - does not just mean sing...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Thead1st
, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

Your experience during your stay is of great concern to me and I would be very appreciative of an opportunity to speak to you in person to obtain more information. I can be contacted via the following email address fukuoka_information@hilton.com in order to arrange a mutually convenient time.
As you can see from other guests comments, we strive to exceed our guests expectations and I sincerely apologise for this not happening on this occasion.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Came here one week for business in December 2011 attending a conference held in the same hotel.

Hotel has good restaurant, and also a convenience store where you can buy stuff for room consumption. Anything else - you have to take taxi.

The staff is nice but as with all of Japan severaly lacking in the speak-English department. Upon I arrival I asked staff at reception is they speak English - answer yes - and I asked for an adapter for the electricity, they nodded happily and called a cab for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MBjorkman
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Hotel.
The whole team were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
This feedback is very valuable to us, as we all strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and to ensure that we create life time memories for our valued guests.
Your comments about the reception staff have been discussed with the team members and management of the Hotel. A review of procedures is currently in place to see how we can better serve our valued guests. I thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback to us.
We truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on another visit to Fukuoka, and wish you a great day ahead.
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Nice location, close to the seaside, the Yahoo Dome and several shopping facilities. Service and cleanliness of rooms were perfect all the time, as well as its breakfast. I agree with all other positive reviews about this hotel, and therefore I just add something that in my view could be improved: there is a quite limited choice of TV channels in the rooms (is this because they want people go for the Pay per view?), and the currency exchange rates at the front desk were around 10% higher than official rates. But of course I would still recommend this hotel to anyone going to Fukuoka.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank caligola44
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
Fukuoka has very high standards of accommodation and hence your praise for our Hotel was very much appreciated.
The team and I were very appreciative of the time you took to detail the things that you liked and the areas that you felt we can still improve on.
We hope that you will be coming back to visit us again soon.

With best regards,
Mark Roth - Hotel Manager
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I thought the location of the hotel was just right. It was very convenient to supermarkets, a shopping mall and a bus stop which I thought was all I need. The rooms were really cosy and comfy. I also liked the Breakfast! There was a wide variety of food suitable for everyone :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk Guest,

The team and I were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
We greatly appreciated you taking the time to write about your experience with us and we are all looking forward to being able to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next visiting Fukuoka.

With best regards,

Mark Roth
Hotel Manager
Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The room is perfect with good soft bed,high pressure shower and the temp. of water it's very easy to adjust,automatic toilet bowl ( i though 90% of hotel in japan install it. ) free high-speed internet in room,big lcd tv.At the lobby floor there are big restaurant, shopping zone, 24Hrs. mini-mart. Next to the hotel there's a small shopping mall which include toy'r us , game zone, Japanese restaurant, 100yen shop, Hard rock cafe and many clothes outlet store.

Room Tip: sea view room is good
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_ec_TYOHI, Hotel Manager at Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Fukuoka Sea Hawk.
All of us were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.