All reviewssubway stationred light districttriple roomseparate toilet and bathroomwalking distancenice hotelichiran ramendon quijotehigh techmajor attractionsjapanese hotelsfood stallsbreakfast includedconvenient locationshops and restaurantsfukuoka airportbooked this hotel
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I spent my last night in Japan at the Hakata Excel Hotel Tokyu. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly, the room was comfortable and the bathroom is small like any typical Japanese hotel room. The location was excellent and the breakfast was one of the best I had in Japan. I will definitely stay here on future trips to Fukuoka!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I stayed here for 5 nights in two different rooms. The first four nights in a double room and the last night in a triple room. I wouldn't say the size of the double room was big, it was just normal in Japanese size. Once you enter the room, there's a stuffy smell in the room. I'm not sure if it was just humid and rainy which brought that stuffy smell inside. You can also hear people in the hallway and next door. The worst is that I got a terrible itch one morning I woke up and thought I got some mosquito bites but after a few days now, I have a patch of rashes. I cannot confirm but there's a chance my rashes came from the bedding in the double room.

The triple room was big with an additional bed in the living room area. However, the whole room smelled. The living room and bedroom area smelled like cigarettes even when it was a non-smoking room. The toilets smelled like public toilets. The room actually has a view however the window is located somewhere facing the toilet door and it's not very practical as you can't see the nice view of the river from your bed or the most part of the room.

The breakfast buffet was decent. There's a good selection of traditional Japanese breakfast as well as Western style breakfast.

The only thing I like about it is the convenient location. If I'm coming back to Fukuoka again, I'll probably choose to stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2017

It was my first time to go to Fukuoka and I stayed in Hakata Excel Hotel Tokyu. The room was different with other Japanese hotels.(I booked a Hollywood twin room ) The room size was surprised me- quite large and comfortable! You can see the river view outside of the hotel, and the view was fantastic! Few stations away from Airport- i think its around 10-15 mins? by metro. WILL BACK here for my next tip!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Smithdonovan
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has the best of everything. Big size, good location, great service, near subway and near to Night life. You can use hotel as a vase to travel to different part of Kyushu. We have been to Fukuoka a few times and this is simply the best stay ever.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

但早餐提供的米飯是隔夜飯
非常噁心糟糕
向飯店人員反映無所作為也未致歉

staying here with parent
the rice provided in breakfast was from last night [smell wired and its obvious ]
do talk to the staff in the hotel about this
they just do nothing but say "okay"
not even apologize for serving costumer overnight non-fresh wired smelt rice !

Room Tip: 千萬別在此用早餐 dont having the breakfast in hotel even its free
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family