Hyatt Regency Fukuoka
      the b hakata(Fukuoka)
      Good 3.5/5
        Good 3.5/5
        • Restaurant
        All reviewsnice bakeryhakata stationbaby cribhyatt groupexpensive hotelhotel is locatedwalking distanceminute walksmall fridgecomfortable bedroom was largeroom conditiondecent hotelrestaurants and barsroom ratetaxi rideper night
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is not that bad while hotel location is a bit far from Hakata Station. Staff unfriendly keep watching me every steps and they don't understand english that well. Not sure is this southern japanese personality?

• Stayed: June 2014
        Reviewed June 7, 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency. The décor is from another time and it is well worn in many ways. However, it is scrupulously clean and the service is very good. Greeted at the door by a young lady, we were escorted to check in with minimal fuss and lots of smiles. The rooms are of a good standard.
        As the hotel is round with the rooms on the outside there is precious little daylight inside the central foyer area. This feels a little depressing, natural light is much friendlier.
        I only used the International Café for a meal and breakfasts. Both were buffet style with a good cross section and good quality. I would stay here again, but would not go out of my way for a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
        Reviewed May 29, 2014

My family spent two nights in the Hyatt Regency Fukuoka in Mid-May 2014. The hotel places at a quiet and decent location, though requires about 10 minutes walk to the JR Hakata station. The building and the rooms are nicely maintained. The carpet is a bit old, but all the things are absolutely clean. We (four adults and two very young kids) had two standard twin rooms and the space was adequate for us. The windows cannot be opened yet the air-conditioning is good. The rooms are really quiet and comfortable. Noise nuisance from corridor and other rooms are minimal. Our rooms were totally free from any road traffic noises.
        All hotel staff are really helpful and courteous, though a few of them does not speak any English at all (yet they try hard to answer me).
        The breakfast buffet offered a number of food varieties. The only complaint was that breads were rather hard and dry.
        I have parked my car in the hotel basement carpark and the hotel charges 1500 yen per car for a night. There seemed to have at least two types of parking spaces. The smaller ones were found near the carpark entrance, and larger ones were found near the exit. The carpark, as I observed, was rather full. I drove out directly from the carpark and I was charged 6800 yen for an overnight parking! I got refunded afterwards. Staff told me that I should present the carpark ticket to the front desk for their processing before driving out for getting the discounted car park rate. The hotel front yard allowed my temporary parking. In addition, the hotel is very close to an entrance/exit of the Fukuoka Urban Expressway. So it is convenient if you drive.
        The hotel rooms may not be trendy or fancy, but as I am traveling with my family, I am still very satisfied with this comfortable, quiet, clean, and decent hotel. However, the down side is that, it seems a bit far away from the major shopping areas and tourist attraction points.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
        1  Thank Joe_Chan_HK
        Reviewed May 14, 2014

I would not expect the quality as the Grand Hyatt but the room has no difference than a typical domestic Japanese brand hotel which may cost less. We have the option to have a Japanese or Western buffet breakfast. We tried both and they are good. But for Japanese, it is a set and no free coffee offered.

Location is two blocks away from the Hakata JR and subway stations, about 5 to 10 minutes walk. For the same pricing and quality, I would prefer those hotels near the JR station for convenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
        Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed in the Hyatt Regency Fukuoka over Christmas.It wasn't what we expected from the Hyatt group seeing that we've stayed in Hyatt hotels before.
        Check-in was very formal and polite.No smiles!
        We had to carry our own luggage and this for a four star hotel!
        The rooms are very dated.Feels like you've gone back to the 80's Japan. Really a tired look to it! What a pity!
        The bathrooms are also very old and outdated.Not in a classical way unfortunately!
        The breakfast was a solemn affair.Really nice food,but the staff were unfriendly and wouldn't care less about your well-being.
        Give this hotel a skip.Totally overpriced and certainly no value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends