“Great Crowne Plaza”

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka
Ranked #13 of 188 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The good: fantastic service, easy check in & check out, immaculately clean, fast free Wi-Fi, comfortable room, great location

The bad: easy to hear my neighbors and people passing by in the hall

This hotel was booked by my travel agent and she came up with an excellent find. In the US, Crowne Plazas can be hit and miss with regards to quality but this Crowne Plaza does everything right. I was promptly greeted by a very attentive front desk and lobby staff at 11:30 pm. Check in was quick and it was off to my nonsmoking room with two full beds. I find Japanese beds very comfortable and these firm beds did not disappoint. The room was of a good size for a single person traveling in Japan. The Wi-Fi was outstanding. Each room has a dedicated router so my connection was not shared and it was fast. I was able to make VoIP calls without any problems. My only disappointment was that I couldn’t stay another night because the hotel was booked solid.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Parke_Chris
There are newer reviews for ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Close to the station, clean, contemporary, spacious rooms and very good breakfast choice and quality. Staff were great, convenience store nearby and loads of places to eat near Hakata station or a 10 min walk to canal city shopping centre with a good choice of eateries. Only gave 4 stars as the walls were thin and we could hear people next door and above us- woke up one morning when someone drew their shower curtain :( would still definitely stay there again though :)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location. Close to Hakata Station exit 21. Only 2 stops from the airport on the subway.
Most of the staff speak English. The room was clean and comfortable and toiletries were provided along with a hair dryer. The bathroom is small as are all Japanese bathrooms.
The hotel has a sauna, pool and work out room for a fee.
I paid extra for the breakfast and was not disappointed. Large selection of American and Japanese items.
The room had a coffee pot and a refrigerator with mini bar items.
There was only one TV channel that spoke English and that was during the day. It was dubbed in Japanese at night and that was BBC. CNN was not working.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We paid for a Club room, and when we entered the room, it seemed nice. But once we saw the bathroom we were quite disappointed. Also, the smell of the room was old and stale, likely, due to the carpet. I have never seen such an unattractive bathroom floor. It really was shocking to find the bathroom with a hodgepodge of accessories, from the kleenex holder, trash can, shower curtain, etc. were all different colors and levels of quality. However, the worst part was the lack of cleanliness. When I lifted the lid on the toilet there was stuff smeared on the seat. At first, I thought the seat might be damaged because I couldn't believe that I would find it dirty. Once I took a Kleenex to wipe the seat to see if it could be removed, I found that the seat was not damaged but dirty. Also, the shower area had mold growing in the corner of the walls and soap scum/dirt. You could smell that the bathroom had not been properly cleaned. My bedding was also stained and had to be changed. All of this occurred after 10:00 pm. Needless to say, we were exhausted and troubled by the condition of the room. The management responded quickly, but seemed ambivalent about the state of the bathroom in particular. It was also disappointing that we could not find one TV channel in English. Lastly, the breakfast was not good. Again, another disappointment from this experience. The food did not taste fresh. Much of it tasted canned or heavily processed. The cooking was simply poor on the Western-style breakfast dishes.

What I find so disappointing about my experience is that these issues could be easily remedied if someone genuinely took an interest in this property. I can tell that it was built well and has been cared for over the years, but the current conditions are not acceptable for the rate the hotel charged us nor for a hotel in general. I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Busan the night before for less money and had an amazing room, breakfast, and overall wonderful experience. The difference is not just that the Park Hyatt is new; the difference is that you can tell people care about the quality of the guests experience from the smell to the food to the interior of the rooms.

I want to thank the management of the Crowne Plaza because they did refund me 25% of the cost of my stay. However, I would have preferred to have had a wonderful stay and have them keep the money.

Room Tip: There is a main street in front of the hotel and the windows are not sound proofed, so if you're...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tichelle77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear tichelle77,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Crowne Plaza is located less than 2 blocks from the Hakata station. It is very convenient coming by subway from the Fukuoka airport domestic terminal 2. The rooms are considerably bigger than most in japan, very clean with comfortable beds, tea service is available in the rooms. We booked the room with breakfast. The breakfast spread is very nice. Offers both western and japanese items(the japanese items are much better). There is eggs-made-to-order station as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good location - just few minutes out of Fukuoka Hakata station. Nice, clean and quite room. Staffs were very helpful. The club lounge is a bit small for a Crowne Plaza and it is not located in the highest floor but it is OK.

Room Tip: Good value but you need to book early. Recommended as it provides you easy connection with JR trains...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear RethaTahir,
Thank you very much for staying at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka recently and taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.
We are happy that you enjoyed your visit with our staff service.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel next time you are in Fukuoka.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Not much impression with this hotel. A bit dated and a revamp is needed, I think. The room was fairly small but clean and quiet. Free wifi, english tv channel was dubbed in Japanese. What I like about staying here is the location wise and the friendly staffs. It`s about 5 mins walk from Hakata station and plenty of restaurants nearby . Overall it`s just an OK stay for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear extr3me_84,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the facilities and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D