“Very good business hotel”

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka
Ranked #13 of 188 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A modern business hotel with all the facilities and the lack of character that go with it. Very good location near the Hakata railway station and the airport (15' by taxi). Friendly staff, clean and sufficiently spacious rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Loek B,
Thank you for your kind comment and highlighting the convenient location and friendly staff. We hope to welcome you again during your next trip to Fukuoka.
Wishing you happy festive season with your family and friends
Kind regards

There are newer reviews for ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, like mostly crowne plaza..they location is very close to jr hakata station.. and near shoping center.. room is quite big, bath room is clean.. they have staff can speak english fluently..so dont worry if you have something to ask.. many convenient store surrounding this hotel.. but only the television they have only japan channel and bbc news only..

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Bagus-san,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you've enjoyed our convenient location and room. We are pleased to hear your comment on English abilities, team members are putting a lot of effort in developing their skills through language program offered. Thank you for your feedback in regards to English channel. We do have actually 3 English channel but noticed it wasn't properly explained on how to reach them on the welcoming information, so we have fixed this issue. Thank you for your honest comments and will look forward to welcoming you again during your next visiting to Fukuoka
Kind regards

Reviewed November 9, 2013

That worked for me, because of location, relatively close to the airport. I used it as a step towards the airport, last day of my trip to Japan. The cheap 1000 yens taxi trip to the airport was welcome ( about 11 canadian dollars ). In other cities, or locations in the city, a 1 hour taxi drive to the airport results in much higher cost.
Room is clean.
The most comfortable bed I experienced in my entire trip: matress and pillows were a dream.
Very good internet connection, both WIFI and cable. Minibar, water heater to make tea or coffee. TV, of course.
I did not encounter problems with the staff about service, but my needs were very low, this was just my stepping stone to the airport. It is true that the lobby has a shortage of seating.
Just a corner or two from Hakata Station. I did not use it, but it is obvious that this is a major comodity to other travellers. Many restaurants close by.
I had very good shopping at Canal City Shopping Center, also close by.
Bathroom very small. I did not mind, because I was travelling alone and was using this hotel just as a step stone to the airport. However, it would be another story if I was to use that hotel as a base for a stay of many days, to visit Fukuoka and the area. So, bathroom is very small, but all equipement works well. Good toiletteries.
I paid 14300 yens in total ( about 160 canadian dollars).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear 88puffin,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. It always help us improving our guest experience. Thank you for highlighting our very convenient location near main train station, great shopping areas as well as Fukuoka Airport. Glad to hear you enjoyed our internet connection which have been upgraded with free wifi access in all our rooms earlier this year.
We look forward to welcoming you for your next trip Fukuoka, and will take this opportunity to introduce you different room categories with wider bathroom
With our kind regards

Reviewed October 2, 2013

When searching online a week ahead of time for the first weekend in September, I found the first 5-6 hotels I tried were fully booked. The ANA Crowne Plaza had space, but inexplicably the rate went up from ¥16,000 on Friday to ¥20,000 on Saturday. I booked two nights anyway. The room was large and well-equipped, and the hotel overall was very good. But I have three service-related complaints: 1) the website, although it includes driving directions in English, gives no directions for the short walk from Hakata Station (e.g., which exit to use and which way to turn once on the street). I was given wrong directions by workmen on the street and wasted time needlessly. 2) Though I asked for a room on a "high floor" they did not have the requested room ready when I checked in at 3PM. I settled for a room on a lower floor. 3) The only seating space in the lobby was small cramped benches placed around four sides of two pillars. Because these were fully occupied when I was waiting to be met, I went to sit in a chair in the cafe adjacent to the lobby. A waiter brought a menu, but when I explained I was only waiting to meet someone, he told me that was not permitted and gestured toward the lobby area. Whatever happened to the old notion of the grand hotel lobby as a place to sit and relax, and read a paper? On this score the ANA Crowne Plaza was inhospitable at best.

Room Tip: Choosing a good room? Well, I tried but my request wasn't honoured so I have no advice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Wjames5,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip in Fukuoka. Thank you for pointing out that you have enjoyed our spacious and well-equipped rooms. Following your comments in term of direction, we will revise our description to make it more accessible friendly from the main train station. In regards to the service issue encountered in the lobby/cafe area, we will make sure that seating alternative is offered when lobby is lively, and staff offer different option. Once again, thank you for your valuable comments.
With my best regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

First of all, I must appreciate the early check-in as early as 13:30 in the afternoon. I appreciate it. All the services was kind of meeting up to my expectations.

However, I didn't treat as an IHG platinum elite member. I didn't get room upgrade, breakfast, or other good treatment. I think IHG hotels is not doing good in Japan comparing to Hilton. I am also Hilton Gold Elite member, and when I stayed in Hilton Osaka, they upgrade they room and give me warmest greetings when I arrived with treatment and a warm handkerchief.

The location was okay. Pretty close to Hakata station =)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Ypwalter,
Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club platinum elite member. We do appreciate your valuable comment in regards to service delivery meeting your expectation and surprise to read that you didn't received platinum elite member benefits. We will re-ensure that our IHG Rewards Club members are properly identified at the time of check in and enjoy the range of benefits they are untitled of. Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Fukuoka.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This high-quality hotel is just a few minutes walking from Hakata Station; it is also conenient for the Airport (subway should take only 15 minutes from the Domestic terminal; taxi 15/20 minutes from the International terminal). Rooms are big and extremely clean; service is perfect (as in most japanese hotels); bathroom just standard

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ropongi,

Thank you for your comment especially highlighting the hotel's location in the heart of hakata. It makes the ideal venue to stay in Fukuoka for his convenience.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I originally visited this hotel in November, 2012 and enjoyed a very pleasant stay. My only criticism was that very few of the staff spoke English. This time, a visit with family was just as pleasant and it appears they have increased their English speaking staff. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The location can't be beat- only four minutes walking distance from the JR Hakata Train station and many shops and restaurants.

An indication of the excellent service was that we had to send four very large suitcases to a small town in Kyushu where my daughter resides. She was to pick us up on the weekend in a very small car which could not accomodate our luggage. The front desk/concierge helped us utilize this service (apparently very common in Japan) where paper work was completed and the luggage left downstairs. The luggage arrived, intact the next day at my daughter's residence. (All this service was very inexpensive.)

Highly recommend the buffet breakfast in the downstairs cafe which offers traditional Japanese items, as well as American fare.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ANACPFukuoka, Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for always choosing ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka as your place to stay.
It is our great pleasure to get the comments from our guest .
We really appreciate your comments and very grateful for the time you gave in dropping those words of appreciation.

Further, we are putting our best efforts improving our weak points and to meet the 100% guest satisfaction.
The words from our guest will be the best means of our workout.

We are always looking forward to serve you.