“Outstanding service!”

ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka
Ranked #13 of 188 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My second time in this hotel and I must say the service is outstanding! Friendly smiles and alert, helpful staff. Upon checkout, one of the front desk staff noticed that I was carrying some loose, extra baggage and, as if reading my mind, promptly offered a large bag to carry it all in.

Other positive points: windows that actually open; great selection of pillows and a useful pamphlet on how to have a restful sleep; quiet, relaxing room; great breakfast buffet.

Highly recommend this hotel for those looking for a restful, rejuvenating stay in Fukuoka.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ANACPFukuoka, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear your positive comments and thank you for recommending our hotel. I shared your comment with our team members.We will be improving ourselves continuously to exceed our guests' expectations so please, come visit us again and let us support trip.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a one night stay at the Crowne Plaza in early February 2013.

The hotel is very close to Hakata Station, in the centre of Fukuoka. It's a big hotel, decorated in the typical Crowne Plaza style.

I have stayed at several CPs in Japan in the past, but this has been the best experience so far.

The Good:
1. extremely well-trained and courteous front desk staff and procedures
2. clean and stylish rooms
3. good plat treatment: upgrade and verbal thanks
4. offer to buy up to lounge access and breakfast for 3000 yen
5. quiet rooms (no outside or corridor noise) on the 11th floor

The Bad:
1. no complimentary water in room
2. er, that's it

Overall:
This is a great hotel with a good location and very smooth service. I'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Please allow me show my deepest appreciation for your comments. I was very pleased to be able to make your stay in Fukuoka a memorable one. Your comments motivate us to serve our guests even better. Thank you again for writing this comment for us. I hope I will be able to meet you personally next time you visit us in Fukuoka.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel has an excellent staff along with its central location which is why I recommend it for your stay. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to/from the Hakata Train Station. The taxi from the airport is less then 1600 YEN.
The breakfast buffet has lots of items all well prepared. The omellete station turns out fried eggs also.
The staff will take your luggage to your room and pick the bags up when you depart. Luggage storage is free. There is a pool/sauna/gym for the customer to use during their stay. I found everything in the room to be in working order and the housekeeping is also first rate.

Room Tip: By the ice machine on each floor is a vending machine for adult movies to view on the flat screen tv...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ANACPFukuoka, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of all staffs at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, I would like to thank you for your comments.
We will continue improving everyday to exceed expectations for our guests.
Please come visit us again when you have chance next time. It will be our pleasure to assist you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here twice during a recent visit to Kyushu on Priority Club points. For the first night in late Dec, we took the offer to upgrade to a Club Room for 6,000¥; on the second night in early Jan, we weren't offered and we weren't planning to do so anyways.

The standard twin room is a bit small by western standard, but decent in Japan. The Club Room is significantly larger and fairly well appointed.

All the staff were professional and friendly. Nice touch when we were offered umbrellas to head out when it was raining. Location was great - not only was it close to Hakata and walkable to/from Canal City, but it's also near a 100¥-bus stop for Tenjin.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for your visit.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your loyalty to our brands.
Please do not hesitate to check our home page to book directly a Club room next time, we will be more than happy to assist you.
Your comments are important for us to serve you better and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was a nice hotel. Breakfast was huge and very good, rooms were clean. (They also give you these warming eye pads for when you sleep - amazing - use them!) The rooms are tiny and the bathroom my colleague said reminded her of a camper... I have to agree. But it did have the fun Japanese toilet. :) The food in the Japanese restaurant on the top floor was very good, but it was very very expensive and service was ridiculously slow. I also went in the fitness center and was billed extra $, so that wasnt cool. It is in a great location by the train station, and is nice, but I definitely didnt feel like it was worth what I paid, even for Japan.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ANACPFukuoka, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Greetings from Fukuoka and thank you for your comments regarding our facilities and the food quality in the japanese restaurant.
I am also pleased to hear that our original Sleep Advantage set could help you enjoy a relaxing time.

Regarding the bathroom size and fitness center extra charge which didn't match your expectation, allow me to recommend, for your next visit, the Club rooms on the 12th and 14th floors, which offer spacious guest rooms with renovated bathrooms. In addition, guests staying on Club Floors can also enjoy free fitness center access, exclusive check-in and check-out in the Lounge, where complimentary breakfast is also served every morning.

I have shared your comment with our colleagues, and I promise to serve you better next time.

The team and I will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just 5 minutes walk from Hakata station and around 10 minutes walk to the Canal city. Also surrounded by several convenience stores. So overall a great location. The room is also clean and large. Staffs are friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for your kind comments and full points rating for our hotel.
Our team members are doing their best to please our guests and create great memories.
Please come and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently stayed here on my first trip to Fukuoka, a modern, clean, pleasant venue, undiscovered by Western tourists. The rooms are spacious by western standards , two double beds, a tub and shower. The coffee shop downstairs offers a fabulous buffet breakfast, so good that we went twice in five days. The breakfast offers omelets, miso soup, grilled fish of the day, tsukemono, mentaiko, fruits and pastries. (cost about 2,750 yen). JR Hakata Train Station, where you can take the subway, train and/or shinnkansen travelling anywhere in Kyushu. During our stay, the station was bedecked with Christmas lights and decorations, contributing to a festive atmosphere. There are numerous shops, restaurants, take out stands and next door, AMU PLAZA which offers a number of fine restaurants on the two top floors (9 and 10), as well as fine stores throughout the building.

The hotel is also right across from two convenience stores which offer snacks, magazines, umbrellas, and bentos. We purchased bottled water there daily before our sightseeing jaunts.
The hotel staff was gracious; however, very few of the personnel speak English. Luckily, there is at least one person on staff at any given time (concierge during the day; bellman at night) who speaks English. Even the check in staff has difficulty at check in and relies on the bellman for more complicated conversation.

Canal City, another shopping and eating venue is about five blocks to the right of the hotel, also within walking distance or a five minute taxi ride. (660 yen). We would stay at this location again. Everything you would possibly need in the way of dining, shopping and travel by train is available at the JR Hakata Station.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ANACPFukuoka, General Manager at ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us here. I was delighted to see, when I read your review, that you had a great time in Fukuoka. I am pleased that we could be a part of your amazing experience.

Also thank you for pointing out the language difficulty at our hotel. It is true that we are short of English speaking members. However, as an international hotel, our team members are currently enrolled in English school and brushing up their speaking ability.

By the time of your next visit, I am sure they will be able to exchange some English jokes with you!

Again, I really appreciate your taking the time submitting this review. We will be all waiting for your next visit.