“Clean, good location, friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Guest House Kaine

and 1 more site!
Guest House Kaine
Ranked #13 of 43 Specialty lodging in Fukuoka
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Clean, good location, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is everything you want in a Hostel. The front area is a restaurant so it has the social atmosphere to meet fellow solo travellers. (and the noodles are awesome.) As far as the room goes, you'll actually sleep surprisingly well on their floor futons.
If you are a person that needs a soft, real bed... spend the dough on a hotel.
Otherwise, if you ever stayed at a hostel or prefer hostels, this will be one of your best hostel experiences.
The whole place is uniquely Japanese and full of character.
Bottom line, I slept like a baby until 10:30 a.m. and there was a nice warm available shower when I woke up.
What else do you need?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank StillVietnam

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Akashi-shi, Hyogo, Japan
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I just got back from a 3 nights at Guest House Kaine (actually pronounced kai-ne) in Fukuoka. We walked to Kaine from Hakata station on a sunny Saturday afternoon. It was a breezy 20-25 minute walk which is completely doable if you have a trolley bag/back pack. A room in the shared dorms only costs 2500 yen per night. Which is kinda standard for guest houses/hostels in Japan.

We were showed around the hostel by a lovely lady named Mizue. She provided us with maps and some tips on where to go in Fukuoka. On the first night two of us slept in the 5 bed male dorm, it was a decent size and the futons were comfortable. On the second and third nights three of us slept in a private 3 futon room on the ground floor near the washroom. I had no complaints at all about noise from other guests and slept well.

On Sundays there is a little dinner party for the hostel guests and we got to make tako yaki with 3 lovely Canadians, who we went out for a drink with afterwards.

The hostel is in a great location, near the yatais and the night life in Tenjin.

Room Tip: You can pay a little more and book in advance and get a private single/twin/double room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank theovanightsensation
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I wanted to love this place, but the bar had been set high by previous accommodation. I'll start with the good: the location is great, close to the station, close to the cbd, close to food and most importantly where the yatai are set up; the staff are very friendly; the room was quite spacious for me, a solo traveller; all the shared bathroom facilities are clean and the price is reasonable.
The things I didn't like was that my room smelt of chlorine or something, it was a bit off putting; the futon was very very thin and not super comfortable; smoke from the common area drifted down the hall and seemed to pool just outside my door; and finally, there was a boy there, I don't think he was a guest but more likely something to do with the staff/owners, every afternoon he would sleep on the floor of the common area, right across the pillows that were the seats for the computers. Now I'll be honest, I didn't complain at the time as i just used internet on my phone instead, but I didn't think it was very professional. I guess it is very much a home/guest house, not quite sterile clean like most places in Japan, but tidy, warm and homely.

• Stayed December 2011
福岡市, 福岡県
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Kaine is one of my favorite guest house. I've stayed a few times. Staff is very kind and friendly. Kaine is in a great location, too. Easy access to all the spot in Fukuoka. Udon bar is in a guest house, and the udon tastes so good, too! I will definitely stay at Kaine again next time I visit Fukuoka!

• Stayed May 2011
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Wherever I am in Japan, I'm returning to kayne. People is really nice there and I'm spending a lot of time talking in the lobby. It doesn't look like a guesthouse but simply a house. I really recommend that.
Also the yattai name Kenzo close to the place prepare some really good yaki ramen, my favorite food here !!!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Tensaididi
Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Whenever I am in Fukuoka I stay at Kaine,
I always enjoy talking to the staff who are very friendly and helpful, they will always take the time to help you out and inform how things went. Regarding the location and style of the hostel. It’s a bit out of the way from the big train/bus stations but it s easily walkable. It’s located in a quiet part of town but very close to all the action of Fukuoka’s night life, so no sleepless nights because of traffic or any other big city annoyances. The male dorm is not very big but its clean and comfortable, a great place to meet new people and make friends (schochu bar downstairs also helps with that.) Downstairs there is a clean bathroom and toilets. What made the hostel as a location stand out the most is the udon bar which is located in front of the hostel. It tastes great, is cheap and you can chose your won topping what more do you need!? I would recommend this hostel to anyone going to Fukuoka!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Chris198915
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Tucked inside a ramen shop is where you sleep behind sliding doors on a futon. Japanese staff is extremely friendly, we even had a little pre-Christmas present exchange nabe (Japanese hotpot) dinner.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo