HOTEL UNIZO Fukuoka Tenjin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewstully's coffeeshopping districtcigarette smellplenty of food choicessmoking sectionroom size isjapanese standardsquiet hotelrestaurants and barsgolden weeklocation is greatsubway stationrooms are cleanramenwalking distancetobaccotenjin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good location!
Good service!
Good taste and stylish hotel.

It made me feel comfortable and convenient while I stayed there in Oct. 25.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jessiewu55
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was very pleased with my (7-night) stay. It far exceeded my expectations. It is in a perfect location to explore Tenjin and surroundings. It is one block from the Tenjin subway station - which incidentally is connected to a huge and beautiful underground shopping mall. Tully's Coffee is connected to the hotel - they serve meals as well as great coffee drinks. The hotel is spotless and quiet - the staff are very courteous and helpful - but as everywhere in Japan - they speak little English. I wasn't expecting my room to be cleaned every day - but it was! The room rate was ultra reasonable. You can walk to restaurants and all the shopping you could ever want. It is true it doesn't have a large conspicuous hotel sign (as other reviewers noted is "hard to find"). I didn't find the room too small as others have noted (but I was solo). Don't expect much on the television stations. The heating/cooling system worked well. I had a good view (11th floor). I would not hesitate to book this hotel!

Room Tip: Look for the Tully's Coffee to find this hotel. If you take a taxi here, show the driver the exact address. If you will be spending more time in Hakata, you might find a hotel closer (though it is walkable and you could take the subway.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharonica111
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a good and nice and clean hotel where we family love it so much
but there still some disadvantage that we would like to mention
1. the water pot is a little dirty, although we clean it by ourselves
2. the breakfast is too limited to choose

we would like to admire that the clean and comfortable atmosphere in this hotel
and the counter officer is quite improved in English!
we will choose this hotel again when we go to Fukuoka next time!!

Room Tip: the view in our 11th level is so good that we all loved it!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

When arriving at the hotel, it appeared a little difficult to find as it is tucked away and adjacent to a coffee shop. The hotel is clean, furnitured according to Japanese standards, but at the same time warm and comfortable.
The hotel is located near most of the popular sightseeing locations in the Tenjin area, and is just a few minutes away from the Tenjin bus center-mae and the comfortable airconditioned underground shopping arcade.
Unfortunately, as is in most parts of Japan, just a few people speak english, but our hotel staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. When it occurred that WiFi was not working properly, they upgraded us without additional costs to a much larger room with a perfect connection.
There are a lot of restaurants on a walking distance of roughly 10 minutes from the hotel and prices are very reasonable.
July and August are months that the island Kyushu should be avoided. Temperatures that prevail from 37 to 40 C combined with a humidity of 75 to 85% are hardly endurable.

Room Tip: Hollywood, 2 persons room, 2 beds is very spacious 2 persons room with 2 separate beds is very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Even though this hotel is a little difficult to find as it is tucked away among the buildings, the hotel is clean, and very modern. The atmosphere is very warm and comfortable. The staff don't speak much English, but they are very friendly and extremely helpful. My particular room was a bit small, but personally I didn't mind at all. Everything is very clean, well designed, and up to date. The hotel is located near most of the popular sightseeing locations and the beach as most of these destinations just take a few minutes by bus from the hotel. The only downside that I noticed was that there aren't a lot of restaurants near the hotel. It may take you a while to find a place to eat near the hotel. The price that I paid was extremely reasonable. I was really surprised that I was able to reserve such a nice hotel for such an inexpensive price. Also, there is a coffee shop adjacent to and accessible from the hotel. How awesome is that!?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends