Review Highlights
First time to see real snow

Reviewed February 27, 2019
salvadorjra
Tarlac Province, Philippines
via mobile
My first time in heavy snow

Reviewed February 12, 2019
TomPuno
Makati, Philippines

Recommended experiences in and around Otsu
from $133.70
More Info
from $133.70
More Info
All reviews experience snow closest place tropical country winter wonderland the kids play area day trip train station ski ropeway snowboarding snowland osaka rental slopes ride yen goggles
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Looking for a place to relax and unwind? Head on to Biwako Valley! Nature view at it's best. Go home refreshed and ready for a hustle!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

After a 40-min train ride from Kyoto, we enjoyed Biwako valley and it's fine, powdery snow. Unfortunately, it was cloudy when we were there.

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

my kids were very happy to see for the first time real snow. They really enjoyed playing with it but we just stayed there for over one hour because we still need to go to different places in Kyoto.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Visited in early February with my wife and daughter. The train commute from Osaka was about a little less than two hours. The buses from the last train station to Biwako travel in intervals of about 45 minutes. We initially planned to take a bus tour from Osaka but it would take too long and you'd spend the whole day in Biwako. We didn't go skiing and just enjoyed the kids play area. My daughter had tons of fun and didn't want to leave. It was pretty cloudy so you couldn't really see further than 200 meters away. If it's your first time experiencing snow like me, absolutely don't forget to bundle up, you'll thank me for it.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

the morning we were there, it had been raining the nite before and a drizzle earlier so the view was foggy/misty. The ride to the top via the tram was nothing spectacular since there was no view due to fog. Up on the hill, the walk around the cafe and having a cup of coffee while overlooking the valley was delightful as the sun is slowly beaming out. The pools fringing the landscaped cafe is spectacular. Other than the cafe, there really isn't much in the trip.

Date of experience: October 2018