Bellevue Garden Hotel Kansai International Airport
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels / Ryokan in Izumisano
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good rooms”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights here and we loved the spacious rooms. The staff who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. He answered our questions and apologized when he doesn't have the info. I was unable to get his name though.

This is an airport hotel so the free shuttle leaves every hour. One needs to make a reservation first before getting on the shuttle to the airport. It is 5 minutes on foot from the Izumisano station (Nankai line) and there's a grocery store open until 10pm. My friend and I were able to get discounted items because we arrived near closing time.

The breakfast is basic with continental but it's better than nothing. It's the only hotel we stayed at that offers free breakfast. We've been to Tokyo, Hakone, and Kyoto before staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CJ C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai, India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Functional hotel . About 15 minutes drive from the Kansai airport . There are free shuttle buses to the airport but not all through the day so one needs to plan well in advance or else you land up taking a taxi which is expensive as is most other things in Japan . Rooms average / good size as per Japanese standards . Breakfast is also basic . Staff are friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff . Nothing to do in the hotel . Only a Buddhist temple close by . And a Super Market across the street from the hotel . All in all , it serves the prupose of a transit hotel .

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShaliniSippy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Like many others, the reason we stayed here is we have an early flight to catch.

The rooms are dated and it is certainly the least welcoming of all the hotels I have stayed in during my Japan trip in Hokkaido. The redeeming factor though is that it has a hot spring bath. Perfect to soak away the tiredness after all the traveling. In fact, I ranked it quite comparable tom the hot spring i went to while in Hokkaido.

So for just overnight stay, I would choose it over nicer but more expensive hotels in the area with the added edge of a hot spring.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kangtan
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

As a value traveler, and also since I had an early flight the next morning, I decided to move from Kyoto to near KIX and reserved Bellevue Garden Hotel. The stay at Bellevue set a personal lifetime record in terms of the wait time for the shuttle. There are two issues here:

1. The hotel website shows that the bus stops at S-12. The airport maps at KIX does not show S-12 anywhere but only 12. Please beware that bus stop 12 is different from S-12. S-12 in fact is near bus stop 1. I was doubly mistaken because on the map S-12 was shown for the buses going to Rinku and Izumisano. The shuttle is available only 6 times a day. I arrived at KIX 8:30 PM, so barely missed one. At 9:30 pm, I had to see three shuttles passby. When I asked a staff
at S-12, he pointed a small notice on paper that shows S-12 written in Japanese.

2. Second issue is that the hotel provides shuttles to groups and crews presumably at any (prearranged) time. You can be easily confused whether a shuttle is for the group or not. Honestly, I felt rejected when these shuttles left with many seats empty since I was already waiting almost more than an hour.

The hotel was a bit smelly. The room had odor. Sometime later, I realized that I was assigned to a smoking room (ashtray in the room). It was too late after midnight, so I did not ask for a room change.

From the way the shuttle came, it looked a bit far and winding to walk from the Izumisano Station. Also, the shuttle in the direction to KIX is based on requests.

To be fair, it is better to have shuttle service than nothing at all and the hotel is cheap compared to others near KIX. Wifi is available and signal was strong. Wired LAN was also available but I did not use. A big supermarket was next door, so if you need food or anything, it should be convenient.

All in all, the hotel is for those who stay less than 12 hours. I think it is not much of anything other than being close to KIX.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fscholar

Travelers are raving about these Izumisano hotels

Beijing, China
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The AC is fixed, so it was too cold for me to sleep. Location is 2 stops by train from Kansai airport. Staffs were friendly and helpful. When I checked into my room, I felt there was strong cigrette smell and called front desk to change room for me. Room was changed right away and except the AC issue, it's good to stay. Not recommend if you are here for sight seeing.

Room Tip: remember to confirm if you want a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KAILIN1010
Yea, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is an average cheap hotel 2 stops from Kansai airport. Staff are friendly, hotel is clean. Unfortunately the air conditioning is centrally controlled, meaning a poor sleep for anyone who doesn't like room temperature regulated to 26 degrees.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brett W
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our flight landed early evening and we were headed out of the airport by 730p. It was 10-15 minutes to the hotel. the hotel has its own free (but reservation needed) shuttle service to and from the hotel but we had a pick up so we weren't able to try that out.

the dinner we ate was very very very average. it was average. the breakfast wasnt stellar but it wasnt awful.

i have to commend that the rooms are large for japanese standards. the hotel falls under a 3-star rating, i believe. and from what i can average, we were charged something like 200-250 for the room - we were 3 adults and 1 child.

i appreciate the shisheido bathroom products. :D

the sueprmarket across it is big and makes for a good first stop before heading off forthe rest of the country

more on our stay at the bellevue garden hotel here: http://thesupertourists.com/kansai-japan-bellevue-garden-hotel/

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family