Lowest prices for your stay
$120
Free cancellation until 12/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Rakuten Travel
$144
ZenHotels.com
$74
Expedia.com$120
Hotels.com$119
Priceline$99
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is great! Good service, convenient with amazing views. You should definitely try their beer saloon on the 28th floor. They have created a fun, lively environment worth enjoying.

My only concern was the room key. It has your name and room number on it. I know Japan is a very safe country, but that doesn't mean that crime does not exist. Imagine the stress of losing your room key knowing that it has your full name and room number on it. Many bad things could come out of that situation!

Room tip: For an amazing view ask for the coastal side or city view.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank monicagragg
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Japan is one of my favourite countries in Asia for many reasons: shopping, dining and sight seeing. I love its traditon and culture, reflecting in their humble manners and hospitality through their lifestyle.

I visit Osaka often and for this trip, a shopping trip with 3 nights stay at the hotel nearby the Kansai airport and connected to Rinku Town railway station, I have to admit that this is the funniest trip to Osaka and I made the right choice to stay here.

The hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Pleasure Town where you will find a supermarket, kid's park with iconic colorful ferris wheels, restaurants, coffee shops, public hot spring, and many more. There is also Rinku Premium Outlets with hundreds of shops, both international brand and local brand, where those who loves shopping will find this place as a shopping paradise! As this is a shopping trip, staying at Rinku Town is not difficult at all to hop on the train to the downtown area of shopping, Namba.

The hotel has been recently renovated and re-branded - I was staying at this hotel where it has been managed by another hotel chain; however, the hotel itself is the unique landmark in this area since it is definitely the tallest building where great views can be seen from all of the guest rooms.

There is a good restaurant on the top floor of the hotels. Enjoy the stunning views of the ocean and Kansai community area at night. Great food and good beer here!

The hotel room is a bit too small but well equipped with standard hotel amenity. Request more pillows if you love sleeping with soft pilliows around you because the pillow in the room is quite flat and the bed is a bit hard to sleep. Love the toilet amenity and enjoy plunging in the big bathtub.

There is a complimentary WIFI internet at the hotel lobby or you can access to the webs from LAN line in your room. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

In over all, I had a pleasant stay at this hotel and would recommend everyone who wish to visit Osaka to check it out. Or if you are staying in downtown and have to over night at the hotel near Kansai airport for flying home on the next day, this is one of the hotels of your choice.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank AorPhatthawut
roomrsv, Room Reservation at Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Guest, we thank you very much for choosing the Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport in Osaka, Japan and for your kind feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the overall good and pleasant service as well our fantastic location in near the Kansai International Airport. We hopefully can welcome you back to the Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport as your home away from home in Japan during your next visit in Osaka.

Star Gate Hotel Kansai Airport

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here for a night while picking up my family arriving from Singapore and was very pleasantly surprised. I caught the shuttle from the airport (this is Japan, so the shuttle only operates in the evening, since they cannot imagine that anyone would arrive earlier or later...yes a bit silly for an airport hotel) and was checked in quickly to my fantastic room on the 42nd floor. I might have been upgraded, since I do not recognize my room from the commentary or pictures. I had a very large room with two double beds, very modern outfitting and a small couch and table. My room was on the verge of being trendy. Great views toward Osaka. Bathroom had separate sink, toilet and shower areas with a soaking bath next to (not inside) the shower. There was a fridge, hot pot and humidifier (guess Japanese get dry at this height).

I booked on the Hotel's website and got a great rate (US$100). About 70% less than the Nikko in the airport were charging. Had stayed there many times and this room was better although slightly less convenient. You can take the train from the airport one stop which is connected to the Hotel. There is a Family Mart in the rather bland area outside the Hotel for snacks.

Ok, the downsides are typically Japanese...the rather inconveniently timed airport shuttle (to the airport in the morning, from the airport in the evening), but you can beat this with a cheap train ride of 7 minutes. Also, they charge for the health club (welcome to Japan). About US$25 for comprehensive use...not bad if you get a good room rate and factor this in.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank UKbanker33
Reviewed February 17, 2012

It's really huge hotel, with wonderfull view, but start to require some refurbishment and technology refresh.

Room tip: Rooms on the last floors have wonderfull views
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank JorgeSous
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I travelled with my partner and we had a very positive experience and plan to return when we need to stay near Kansai airport.
First, all of the rooms are high up so you are bound to have a nice view.
The foyer and staff are nice.
After asking that our room be non smoking, we were upgraded to a suite. From looking into the other room, the only difference with this was that it had a bit of extra space for a table and two chairs by the window(overlooking the ferris wheel) - but it added to the whole experience.
The rooms are lovely - there is a small room at the front for shoes and luggage, the bath is a decent size and the bed was very comfortable.
The decor is slightly dated but of such high quality that it wasn't an issue at all.
We did have one slight issue when we found that all of the official hotel restaurants(and restaurants in the mall next door) were closed or closing(at 9pm on a Tuesday) - however there are some independent restaurants on the lower floors(I think it was the 25th) which were still open and the helpful staff directed us to.
The breakfast (2000 yen) up on the top floor was great - a full continental buffet which would keep anybody happy. The views were once again breathtaking.
I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller who is either flying in or out of Kansai airport and needs a place to stay - it's just a 5 minute train ride from the airport.

Date of stay: February 2012