“Pleasant good sized room”

Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport
Australia
“Pleasant good sized room”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Convenient location for early morning flight as the airport is so far out of town. We booked a room through agoda on the wrong night by mistake and they changed it to the night we arrived without any problem. The room was very quiet with nice views ie not looking at a brick wall. There was plenty of space and benches to put our luggage on. The king bed was very comfortable and had a lot of space around it....unlike some japan hotels that had a double bed pushed up hard against the walls. It is a long journey back into town so would only stay there if I had an early morning or late evening flight.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela01234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aomori Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Initially I booked Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka (ranked no.2 in Osaka) but changed to this hotel so I could catch an early flight next morning. I was deeply regret with this change.

After a long 5-hour exhausting train ride from Toyama, I reached the hotel at around 12pm. Queued for a while for check-in till my turn, the receptionist told me (with broken English) she won't register my details till their 2pm check-in time. She told me to come back at 2pm again with unpleasant body language (as if I did something wrong).

An European guest next to me had the same situation as me and argued with another receptionist about this matter. So bear in mind, don't bother queue up for check-in before 2pm, they won't proceed further for you. I actually didn't mind with it and went elsewhere for lunch.

Came back at 2pm, I was still very exhausted from the morning train rides. I was given a room number 0970. As I reached 9th floor, to my horror the room was located the furthest from the elevators which explained why it was numbered 70. It was a really long walk as shown in my attached photo.

I went down requested for a room nearer to the elevators, the receptionist again showed me the reluctant look, typing loudly on the keyboard searching for an alternative room. In the end, she gave me a twin room instead of single but much nearer to the elevators. I saw some stains on the bathroom floor, wasn't really sure what they were but they looked like dried blood (I've attached the photo as well). Whatever its was, it was quite disgusting and creepy but I was too exhausted to face that reluctant receptionist and request for another room again.

The bellboys and bellgirls however did great job assisting me with my luggage. They deserved some credits for assisting me during the room change.

As for the hotel location, yes it is great for 1-night transit. Otherwise, don't bother staying here as it is at least 60-minute train ride to Osaka Station.

Room Tip: For travelers with walking difficulties, make sure you don't get a room far from the elevators...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank zacting
malaysia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Can't go wrong staying here. Arrived from Sapporo late afternoon and leaving the following morning. Easy to find. Just pushed our bags to Terminal 2 at 2nd floor, across from Terminal 1, past JR train station. After checking in we took the Nankai train to Namba area for a night walking tour. Last train back to Kansai was at 1030pm.
Room was cosy but the toilet seat was not heated. Lovely stay here. Lots of food stalls available at 2nd and 3rd floor of the Terminal 1 of Kansai airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The only reason why you should be staying here is the proximity to the airport. It's only good for 1 night stay if you have a long layover time between flights in Kansai Airport. The rate is not too bad for an airport hotel. The hotel is covered extensively with carpet which provides quite a big of friction to move luggage case around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We arrived quite late so hotel nikko was very convenient for us. It's an easy walk from the terminal, just follow the signs saying 'hotel'. The rooms were also clean and spacious. The 24 hour Burger King and Lawson downstairs was also a plus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very convenient. Comfortable and easy to access via walkway. Lots of good inexpensive restaurants in the vicinity. We had planned to go to Osaka for the morning but elected to catch the bus to the shopping mall which was a stress free option and all is part of the Japanese experience. We had booked ahead but were aware of people who had not done so having to pay for a suite. Hotel itself is more than adequate and seems to be the base for flight crews.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As my arrival to Osaka Japan on 8 Dec 2013 was a night flight, choosing this hotel has given me a proper place to sleep as well as a peaceful night to rest.

I arrived at about 9 plus at the airport and an early surfing of the internet has surfaced out that the JR rail time of operation ends rather early and if I were to insist in taking the JR to Osaka, I will probably be racing against time to ensure that I can catch the last JR rail for the night.

This decision thus allowed me time to explore the vicinity and happening at the airport once I have checked into the hotel.

The hotel is clean and spacious, hence those with big families should also have no problem staying in this hotel too.

I managed to get some food from the Burger King located within the airport at Terminal 2 and a cold coffee from the convenience store located there too. I bought the instant noodle and it tasted really delicious too.

Room Tip: Buy your JR ticket here as well as getting all your food here as they are reasonably priced
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Izumisano
Kanku Onsen
Kansai Airport Spa Hotel Garden Palace
First Hotel
#5 of 21 in Izumisano
Kanku Joytel Hotel
#7 of 21 in Izumisano
Hotel Nikko Osaka
#19 of 307 in Osaka

Been to Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport? Share your experiences!