Hotels.com
Priceline
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews rinku town shuttle bus convenience store kansai airport close to the airport an early flight rinku premium outlet buffet breakfast overnight stay few minutes walk japanese food bed was comfortable rooms are small metro station shopping osaka exit
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The shuttle bus makes this sound like a little gem, little is about right, but gem is no word to describe this hotel. It's small, dirty and you're glad to get back on that shuttle bus and get the hell out.
Don't let the nice lobby fool you, the rooms don't live up. The service was ok but the old dingey rooms aren't something to write home about. It is good only for the shuttle bus (which several other hotels also offer
If you're caustrophobic you won't like this place, the bathroom is the size of a toilet cubicle and the room isn't much bigger.
Very expensive for what it is.......

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Okay - so why are you considering this hotel - because you will arrive at or leave from Kansai airport - so your needs are probably fairly basic - the hotel will meet these needs - it will not excite, it will not make you want to spend more time there, but then you probably didnt intend to !

On Sunday night we arrived by bus and were made to fill in check in forms before going to reception to check in - all I wanted was my room and my bed - bit officious but there you go.

Bus runs only every hour at certain times of the day - I arrived at Kansai on the express from Kyoto, conveniently timed to arrive just as the hotel bus departed - rather than waste a complete hour I went to McDonalds for "food" . . . note - Kansai is on a man made island, there are hotels at the airport, this isnt one of them ! - this hotel is on the mainland . . .

If you arrive at Kansai by air - leave the airport on the ground floor - turn left, follow the "decreasing bus stop numbers" you'll arrive at "group area South" - the bus leaves from stop S11 - there is a timetable on the back of the bus stop . . .

Breakfast was bearable but nothing special - once again, in a rush so suited my purpose - no English Tea . . .

Hotel is close to Rinku town JR station - the comment previously about arriving from Kyoto, stay on station, take next train to Rinku ought to work - I might try that next time - if there is a next time ! - it would beat an hours wait for the transfer bus (Hotel quoted 3000 yen for taxi transfer)

Room tip: Stay at one of the airport hotels instead !
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Nick J
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am writing this review at 3.53am from this awful hotel. It's about 30 degrees in this hotel with the air conditioning on. Ha - there's a choice : auto, low or high; they're all intermittent. I would change, but we arrived at midnight and we have a flight at 7am.

The light switches - where the hell are they? Actually had to remove bulb of one.

It's tired, shabby and horrible hotel. Last laugh is on me, I've already booked it for my return stay. Damn.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Carolinemv89
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here for an early flight, and I chose Washington because it offers free shuttle bus to and from KIX (15min ride). Although you can easily hop on a train one station away. Shuttle bus run from as early as 6.05AM local time, the second one is 6.15AM. You have to reserve a seat in the reception when you check in, and they will give you a ticket.

From Rinku Town Train Station, just take exit 5 and walk straight to the second floor of the hotel (which also has Family Mart and hotel restaurant). You can go to your room via Family Mart entrance. But if you haven't check in, go down escalator near restaurant to the lobby entrance.

No wifi in rooms, but there's a few computers to access internet in the lobby (not free of charge). Toiletries provided like towels, yukata, soap, shampoo. Can't remember if there's hair dryer. Vending machine is available on every floor, but when I was there almost all of them run out of mineral waters. I even tried almost every floor, but no luck for me.

You can walk via the train station to Rinku Premium Outlets, passing through a mall (SEACLE) with a giant ferris wheel. Various food choices there if you don't want to eat in hotel's restaurant. However the surrounding is kinda quiet at night, even on 7pm.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank lunathique
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Even though I booked in advance, at the last minute I got placed into a smokers room. The room freshener didn't work, so I had to sleep with a really bad smell. The room wasn't extremely clean, the wallpaper was stained and had the odd tear. The T.V. remote didn't function properly and the bathroom light was dim. After staying at the Metropolitan hotel for first part of my stay in Japan, the Washington Hotel was a disappointing finish to a great holiday. I would not recommend it.

Room tip: Non-smoking rooms are better.
Date of stay: August 2012