Hotel Nikko Nara
$36
$33
$587
Trip.com
Smile Hotel Nara(Nara)(Great Value!)
$36
JAPANiCAN.com
$68
$63
1,155 results
All reviewstrain stationcomfortable hotelgood sizedirect accessconvenient locationminute walkjapanese foodjapanese hotelsbreakfast buffet islarge supermarketsmall citythe main streetgreat place to staysmoking roommain sitesday tripconvenience store
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a one night stay at this hotel in April 2014. Modern hotel just beside of JR Nara station. It was very easy to go to the hotel from the station. Personnel was very friendly and helpful.

My room was comfortable and clean. Size quite small, but was enough for me.

Nara Park is a bit far by walking, but you can also take the bus - bus stop is in the front of the station.

Very comfortable and nice place to stay. I recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank FinlandFinn
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I live here with my family in our vacation. Only 1 night but the service was excellent. My husband forgot to took the key out from the room and the staff were helpfully and fastly help us to open our room with their master key with all smiles on her face. breakfast was typically nice.
The location is just a minutes aways from the station. And lots of shops nearby. Just across the street u can find lots of restaurants including KFC and. Mos Burger. Also have a quite big supermarket. Overall my staying was nice. Will reccomend my friends or relatives.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank purpletweeny
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is connected to the JR train station complex. You can easily view the hotel as the train approaches the train station.

A walkway connects the second floor entrance of the hotel to the station, so you don't have to deal with the pedestrian traffic below. Next to the hotel on the first floor is a grocery store that has a bakery inside that serves very delicious baked good. The staff is super nice and provided maps and tips on how to sight-see in Nara. Across from the hotel is a bus depot, which makes sightseeing very convenient. The room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank J Lee S
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Wonderful to walk out of the train, only to realise you are at your hotel already. Great location with just a five minutes walk to the city center. Good breakfast. Large rooms with a luxurious touch and a nice indoor onsen.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Soppen-suse
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from April19th-28th. We got a room on the 9th floor (no smoking). The weather outside was nice and cool but, as others have said, the room was hot and uncomfortable. We tried to turn on the aircon, but nothing happened. then, we went to complain to the front desk. The woman we spoke to said that the temperature is centrally controlled and there was nothing that she could do about it. We asked to speak to the Manager. He said that the air conditioning is not turned on until the 24th of April. He also said that we could not open the windows, for "security reasons". He did offer to deliver a fan to our room.We had pre paid so we had no choice to go elsewhere. We also asked for extra coat hangers, which he also sent up to our room. The fan helped a bit, but it was difficult to sleep.
I must say that the staff is very gracious, professional, and efficient.
Finally, during the middle of our stay, the air conditioning came on.........relief!
There is a Wi Fi and fridge in the room. The fridge barely keeps things cool. I suspect because it is in a small cupboard, without enough space around it. Each floor has an ice machine and Vending machine for cold drinks and beer.
The hotel has an "onsen" (Japanese Bath), which we didn't visit. In a review, someone mentioned that they had an exercise room. No they don't, and there are no gyms nearby.
There is a great supermarket in the basement of the JR Nara station, and a tourist office in the old train station nearby. The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants, shops, and old town. The park is a good 30 minute walk.
My Husband was attending a conference and we had the conference dinner in one of the ballrooms at our hotel. The dinner was most disappointing with regard to quality of food and quantity. We lined up for buffet style, and the small staff ran out of food in the middle of the line.
We had each paid $80 which was regrettable!
On the other hand,the breakfasts in the hotel were incredible in quality and quantity of food and the large staff, superior in efficiently handling a large number of people gracefully.

Room Tip: air conditioning is centrally controlled,and cannot be controlled in the room. windows do not open. Be sure to ask for a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business