Review Highlights
Beautiful and Meditative Experience

From all the places I visited in Japan, I would say Nara was the highlight. If you're lucky enough... read more

Reviewed December 22, 2018
niel_liebenberg
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Nara was my favorite part of Japan because of this tour

My husband and another couple spent two and a half weeks in Japan in November 2018. We took a day... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2018
cv4488

Recommended experiences in and around Nara
from $68.45
More Info
from $68.45
More Info
All reviews classic tour morning tour private tour great tour walking tour sake tasting tour ended highly recommend the tour well worth the cost knowledgeable guide japanese culture train station fantastic walk nara park ask questions lovely guide interesting details
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

TODAI-JI temple
Naramachi
Nara Park
Kohfukuji Temple

Took a group photo at the Ara-Ike pond

Tips: wear comfortable shoes, bring umbrella/poncho, apply sunblock and wear a cap

Date of experience: July 2017
Saminakyo, マネージャー at NARAWALK, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. Following is a response from your guide, Kinuko.
***************

I appreciate your kind words, useful tips and the picture. I was very happy to guide lovely ladies like you. Please give my best regards to your friends. Thank you again.

Kinuko

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We showed up at the Nara JR station exit gate at 10 am sharp and our Guide Yachiyo San was there waiting in perfect Japanese punctuality. We took the morning tour on foot (walking shoes definitely necessary) with her and she gave a very good running commentary on the background stories behind all the sites which which actually adds intrigue and depth to our visit. Visiting Nara is like going into time so a knowledgeable guide will certainly add value to your visit.
Overall It was well worth the cost of the tour 3000JPY/pax as the bus fare from JR station and entry to the temple was also covered by her. Definitely recommended.
One suggestion for Nara Tours though,might be useful for tourists from Kyoto if they can also have a meeting or pick up point at Kintetsu station. Seems like there are more trains from Kyoto to Nara on Kintetsu rail. I had to take the Kintetsu train because of this and had to walk to JR station ( a good 15 mins brisk walk) to meet up.

Saminakyo, マネージャー at NARAWALK, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. Following is a response from your guide, Yachiyo.
***************
Thank you very much for your warm and kind review.
I’m glad to know you enjoyed the tour. I also had a happy time visiting historical places while enjoying a conversation with you two that day! I was impressed with your interest in Japanese culture and history.
Thank you for joining our tour. I'm looking forward to your next visit to Nara in the near future.
Last but not least, thank you for your advice about meeting or pick up point of the tour. We would like to consider that from now on. Hope to see you again! Yachiyo

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We did the classic tour with Kay. She was great as a tour guide with endless knowledge about everything, she led us around a quite route in the park too so we saw lots of interesting temples and sights but mostly avoided the crowds. Would recommend highly - great way to see Nara

Saminakyo, マネージャー at NARAWALK, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. Following is a response from your guide.
***************

Thank you so much for your warm review. It is my great pleasure to know you enjoyed the tour! I'm trying to choose the most quiet and peaceful way to walk as it is rather a long walking. I'm waiting for your coming back to enjoy a different season.
Thank you again!
Kay

Reviewed June 21, 2017

We had a wonderful time exploring the Old Town of Naramachi. Our guide had excellent English, a great sense of humour, and we learnt so much more about the area than if we'd just wandered around on our own. The stop off at the sake brewery tops off the tour perfectly but we were having such a great time in Nara we decided to stay for dinner too and asked our guide for a recommendation. Another winner. We highly recommend Narawalk!

Saminakyo, マネージャー at NARAWALK, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Thank you for your review. Following is a response from your guide, Makiko.
***************
Thank you very much for your kind review.
I'm so glad to know you liked our tour. It was a great pleasure for me to guide such nice and friendly people like you.
Please visit Nara again to enjoy a beautiful scenery in another season and buy another bottle of Japanese sake! Thank you again!
Makiko

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Yachiyo was a wonderful, answering all our questions, explaining life and times in Old Town area including Geshia houses, different shops, a traditional medicine shop and a home. Finishing up with a sake tasting. Don't miss this tour

Date of experience: May 2017
Saminakyo, マネージャー at NARAWALK, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. Following is a response from your guide, Yachiyo.
***************

Thank you very much for your kind review.
It was my pleasure to be your guide. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed the tour.
I also had a happy time enjoying conversation with you while strolling around Naramachi.
I hope you will have another chance to visit Nara again. We always welcome you!

Yachiyo