“Must visit when in Osaka”
Review of Nara Park

$755.67*
Private Full-Day Nara Custom Tour from Osaka by Chartered Vehicle
Ranked #2 of 186 things to do in Nara
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Make time to visit Nara Park when in Osaka. Feed the deers, while walking along the spacious grounds to and from Kintetsunara station to the Todaiji Temple.
My kids loved it! Feeding the deers with biscuits that you can buy for 150 yen was a blast for them

1  Thank SeoulbigB
There are newer reviews for Nara Park

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The kids had a great time feeding the deers, but I got a nasty nibble from one of the males, ouch!! It just looked at me and snorted, gave him the cookie and he was fine. love the park, food vendors are plenty, the wife and I sat down and had a beer in one of the vendor stand, on one of their red cloth benches, then soaked in the sites and sounds.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A great return visit for me. Visited Todai-ji and Kasuga Shrine. In addition to the more usual sights I took a cab to visit Yakushi-ji Temple where I knew some of the monks. A great and emotional welcome. This temple is not on the usual tourist route and offers a quiet, beautiful and contemplative afternoon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice park where you find plenty of hungry deers (cute though). I suggest to bring plenty of wet tissues in case you step on you-know-what left by the deer. I tell you, it was all over the area. Well, in spite of that, we really love the place

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hello. My name is Sabina and I am 11 yrs old. I recently went to Japan and there, I went to a park in Nara.
It was a nice place to be in, especially with all the cherry blossoms that were in bloom that week! It was so exciting to buy my first deer food pack and feed my first deer :D The deer food had a strong but good smell, that after I fed one deer, I was eventually followed by many more! The deer seemed so hungry that they ate all the food I bought for them so I had to buy a new pack. It was nice to see all the deer and take pictures with them. It may seem a bit scary at first since the deer would keep on following and searching your body for more food. But you eventually start to like them. You could also pet the deer if you want. They even follow you so close and even nudge you in the butt a lot of times. But if I were a deer, I'd probably do the same thing if I REALLY wanted some good smelling food! :)