“Great stay!”

Super Hotel JR Nara Ekimae
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels / Ryokan in Nara
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is cheap in comperison to other hotels in Japan. It is right next to the train station, but there is no noise from any of it.
Rooms are fine, bit small but what else is new when you're travelling Japan.
Beds are great, you can pick out your own pillow at the pillow corner at the entrance hall.
There's free Wifi in common rooms.
Breakfast is complimentary and great with different kind of bread and pastries en japanese rice etc.
Staff is really friendly and standing by to help you with anything you need.
Would really stay here again if I'm travelling through Nara.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Super Hotel JR Nara Ekimae

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is the worst Super Hotel I'd been to so far.
First of all, very old. The controller of th heat didn't work well. No matter how hard I pushed it, it just didn't work at first, and I had to move myself to find a right place the signal could be received...Amazing...
The room was OK, but there was a strange sound lasting for a whole night. Since that day I was exhausted, I didn't require to change the room. It's very annoying.
What was worse, the day I stayed was Sunday. I went to have breakfast one hour before it close, I didn't think it's too late to get there. However, most of the plates were empty already, and no one came to refill the breakfast. There were some customers came to have breakfast after me...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank glanda
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Well located quite a good breakfast oh fresh break Japanese omelet meatballs ans nice fresh salad room was quite large with three beds in each room. Very well located across the road from nara jr station and 15 minute stroll to nara park,

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My brother and I stayed here the night before meeting my son at Kansai (Osaka) airport. One train to Tennoji then change to the direct airport train. We arrived early afternoon to find reception (on the first floor) closed until 3pm however someone turned up and allowed us to leave our luggage and checked us in and gave us the pin code to our room even though it wasn't available til after 3pm. I suspect you could do this yourself at the ATM style machine if you knew how. We had an international special booked online which included the breakfast buffet in a lovely light room overlooking the train station and tourist information building. I had read about being able to choose a different pillow and sure enough there was a selection. Our room was quite large compared to other budget hotels we stayed in with a single bunk over a double bed (again reminded me of Formule 1 Australia) and a lounge area. We caught the local bus easily from the station up to Nara Park and then enjoyed the walk back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The Super Hotel (related to the Super Hotel Lohas) is right across the street from the Nara JR (not the Nara Station - Kintetsu train). A good bargain - our room was spotless and spacious (surprise for Japan). It's a basic hotel but so far that we've been to, the most modern and of all budget hotels (think Ikea furnishing). Front desk assistants also spoke English and there was a Australian staffer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was our first stop in Kansai last year. It was running a promo with 5090 yen per night for a double which I considered a bargain. At this price one really wouldn't fancy too much but I was surprised that their breakfast, included in room rate already, was in fact not bad and came in a variety with not only rice dumplings (as in Toyoko Inn of the same market sector) but also soup, vegetables, meatballs, etc. Free coffee and softdrinks were available from 2 separate machines.

At check-in ladies can obtain at their choice 5 pieces of toiletries. My girl had some fun choosing from the array. Several types of pillows varying in firmness were available at counter that one can pick for himself. The room was to be paid upfront using a machine by the check-in counter which then blurted out a slip with a password to the room. One didn;t need to check out at all.

The room was of a good size, and much larger than those of Toyoko Inn that I stayed. Hygienic standard was good. The toilet was standard plastic molded typically found in Japanese hotels, with good steady powerful hot shower. There was humidifier in room. The windows were double-layered. I couldnt hear any street noise at all even though it's only on the 3rd floor. The only complaint would be lighting was too dim.

It was just opposite the JR station, separated by a small road, so it's extremely convenient when one arrives by JR with lots of luggage.

Definitely recommended if there is a promo rate on and if one just needs a neat convenient place for a short stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night during a trip round Japan. We paid ¥7,280/night for an en suite double room (including tax) with breakfast.

The Super Hotel chain offer basic, budget rooms. For some reason you get a single bunk above the double bed. Our room also featured a fridge, desk and LAN internet access. It was a surprisingly large room for Japan and for the price (much larger than another Super Hotel we stayed in). The staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel was located right opposite the station (about two minutes’ walk -- don't get it confused with the other Super Hotel - the Super Hotel Lohas JR Nara-eki -- also right by the station, which is a bit fancier I think). The included breakfast was very basic - just salad and white bread rolls (we stayed in another Super Hotel with a more comprehensive breakfast).

A nice touch is the selection of pillows in reception you can choose from; if you do want to have one of these in addition to the ones in your room, grab one as soon as you check in as they do all get taken quite quickly.

For the price this was an OK place to stay -- if you just want somewhere clean and functional to sleep for one night, it's more than adequate. If you're here for several nights though, you have no access to your room between 10.00am and 3.00pm.

Nara itself is a really interesting place to visit. We really enjoyed our time here, and would definitely recommend staying overnight here rather than just doing a daytrip from Kyoto.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple