All reviews ironing board jr line train station hot pot double bed extra toiletries ice box by american standards kitchen gadgets tokyu hands small coffee table japanese breakfast buffet coffee or tea small closet groceries stores english teacher winter early spring
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2018

This is our second stay at the Comfort Hotel. I gave this hotel a 5 Star rating for the service the staff provided while we visited our son who is an English Teacher in Himeji. We stayed at this hotel for its central location. The rooms were about $90 a night.
The hotel is located 2 city blocks from the train station (10-minute walk). The train station has been modernized with 3 major malls (Piole, Festa, Casia). There are tons of shops (I like Tokyu Hands for their household and kitchen gadgets) and food choices. I had to practice restraint from eating all the delicious looking Japanese desserts. There are also groceries stores in each mall. Strawberry was in season. We even went to the movie theater to watch “The Black Panther” in English with Japanese sub-titles.
The train station is serviced by the JR Line, Shinkansen, Sanyo line and the local bus service. You can get virtually anywhere in Japan from the Himeji station. Himeji's major draw is the Himeji-jo (Castle). The castle was about 1 mile or 15-minute walk from the hotel.
The staff at the Comfort hotel was very pleasant to work with. They have at least one member on shift that can speak limited English. Talk slowly and in simple sentences. The staff was accommodating. They responded to our requests for an extra pillow and ironing board.
The rooms are small by American standards. But we found our room functional. We chose the room with 2 single beds. The bed was 2/3 the size of an American double bed. My wife and I slept on one bed and used the other bed to lay out our suitcases. There are no dresser cabinets or drawers in the room. There is a small closet to hang up your clothes. This hotel was designed for the one-day traveler, so it is easier to live out of your suitcase. The room has a nice desk area that I could write or work with my iPad. There is a hot pot to make coffee or tea. There is also a small ice box that you must turn on. There is one small coffee table and a lounge chair.
The AC and heater are centrally controlled. Since it was still considered late winter/early spring (temperature in the high 30’s to 40’s) the was no AC. Only heater. The room was cool enough without AC. But if it does get warm in the room you can crack open the window to cool down.
You must step up to go into the bathroom and be cognizant that you don't stumble or trip getting in and out of the bathroom. There is a nice small bath tub that you can soak in. The sink is small. The bathroom has a wonderful Toto toilet. There are extra toiletries in the bathroom for the guest to use (toothbrush, comb, razors).
A Japanese breakfast buffet is served from 0630 to 0930. The menu changes daily. Breakfast included musubi, various breads and buns, cereal, fruit, soup, salad, eggs and sausage. Coffee is available in the afternoon.
As stated earlier I gave this hotel a 5 Star rating for the service the staff provided. After 2 nights at the hotel we took a 2-night side trip to Hiroshima. The staff let us store our excess luggage until we returned. The maids are meticulous about servicing the room. They would remove our suitcases from the bed so that they could tidy the bed. Than they would place everything back as it was. My son returns to Hawaii later this year. I will miss staying here.

Room tip: The rooms with 2 twin beds are larger.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Placido V
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Comfort Hotel Stockholm before and really liked it, so we had similar expectations. But Comfort Hotel Himeji wasn’t like the one in Stockholm. The staff (even the manager) can’t speak English, they didn't even understand what laundry means. Also they charged nearly one night's pay for one hour early check-in. My husband was so sick we had to accept it.
The room was freakishly small and the breakfast had only Japanese options(the Stockholm Hotel had a huge buffet) We got really disappointed. Two stars for cleanliness and order.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night and loved it. Was perfect for the middle of my travels. Nice change from hostels and still relatively cheap.
Was able to wash and dry all clothes in the same night, got a good nights sleep, and wifi was strong and steady the entire time. Breakfast was standard buffet and had the basics. Check out was 10am and I was able to leave my bags behind reception until the afternoon for no extra cost. Staff were friendly and helpful, would stay again and recommend to anyone going to Himeji!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed December 24, 2017

I only spent 1 night here, so I could go check out the castle the next morning. The hotel is relatively close to the train station, and about a 15 minute walk to the castle. But I was disappointed with the room. The whole place is in need of a complete remodel.
You could do a lot better for the same price.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

Confort Hotel is a poor to average hotel company. This one is in the core business.
Room are tiny - the smallest we had in our 3 weeks trip. The room is clean - except the room door which is disgusting.
Double bed is put in a wall corner so the one sleeping on that side is blocked for the whole night.
The bathroom needs so go "upstairs" - see picture.
The breakfast is industrial average food.
Beside there is no reason to spend one night in Himeji. Try to avoid it

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mverdun