All reviews would stay here again fridge pillows floor bed
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2018

I was touring Himeji for a few days and needed an inexpensive place to stay.

Hotel Abest Humeji fit the bill: clean, modern, free breakfast and dinner, and very close to Himeji-jo and the Himeji JR station.

The rooms are small but well equipped wth a fridge, kettle, TV and climate control. Room service was impeccable - amazing for a hotel this inexpensive. The staff was mostly polite but indifferent, only occasionally responding to my Ohayo goazimasu and Konbanwas. Check in/out was fast and easy. I suggest the Hotel Abest for couples or singles. The lack of space may not be great for kids.

The beds are nice and firm, but the pillows are neck breakers. I gave up on the pillow and ended up using a sweater to cushion my head. This is pretty much the only major flaw I found here.

cheers!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Convenient location. Clean modern facility. Friendly staff. Free Japanese style breakfast and dinner. Only thing is that the window sash is not so sound proof - you hear noise outside, but being a smaller city it’s not that annoying.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

My wife, 1.5 year old, and I stayed here while visiting Himeji one night to see the castle. As reviews state, the rooms are a little small, but I've paid more in Tokyo for rooms that were smaller. It was big enough for one night, and it has a fridge. The staff is nice, although the staff after 10pm doesn't speak English. Breakfast isn't glamorous, but I enjoyed it: fish, rice, noodles, red bean balls, rolls, milk, juice, and various Japanese vegetable dishes.

One reviewer said the neighborhood wasn't suitable for children, which worried me, but I didn't think that at all. There are a few bars/izakaya around, but in my Japan experience that's normal.

Overall I was satisfied with this hotel for a night's stay: it has breakfast, is close to the station, and the walk to the castle isn't too bad.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2017

Advantage is the location at mid-way between station and castle, room small even tiny (you cannot leave your suitcase open !), same with the bathroom, not so clean as used to in Japan, didn't get offer for dinner as other guests wrote in their reviews, breakfast not as shown on hotel flyers/poster : very basic and in the lobby and you have to remove your plate yourself,avoid if possible

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed December 26, 2016

We stayed for 2 nights and were expecting breakfast to be included in the price. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that dinner was also included in the price. Both were simple, well made, delicious buffets, served in the hotel lobby.
It's walking distance from the station and the castle.
The room was clean and smallish, and the staff spoke very limited English .... but with a bit of pointing at maps, ect we got by.

Date of stay: November 2016