See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Convenient location which needed 5 mins walk from Himeji station.
Staff was polite and friendly.
Room was small but equipped all necessities. Definitely suitable for a single traveller.
Breakfast simple (limited options) but delicious.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2017

The location, room, staff, and breakfast are very nice. The refrigerator took almost forever to cool its contents.

The Via Inn is on the other side of the station from Himejijo. A taxi ride to Himejijo was only 700 Yen. One of our party couldn't walk the distance to the castle; if you can walk to the castle you will enjoy the walk and can eat more for dinner too.

We would stay again at the Via Inn Himeji.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Himeji was just a stopover point for me. This hotel was perfect. Good walking distance from the train station. Close to supermarket and Himeji Castle for a little sight seeing. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was lovely. Only complaint was cigarette smoke: the tissues in my room smelled very strongly of cigarettes, and my room was directly above the entry, where people went to smoke.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator/entry (non-smokers)
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

We visited Himeji purely to visit the restored castle and needed somewhere close to the station after a decent trip from Shinagawa. The twin room was comfy, and despite minimal English (and Japanese on our part) the staff went out of their way to make us happy. One reception staff member even chased us into the rain to give us umbrellas. Would stay again.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2016

This is the 2nd Via Inn hotel we stayed in during this trip and I must say that I am very happy with the standard of comfort, care and service that this chain of hotels provide. My husband and I stayed in Himeji for 3 nights and this hotel was a great base to explore this beautiful city. So close to the station (just get out through the East exit, walk towards KFC then turn right, cross the road to the medical training college, and its just around the left corner of the college carpark!) , 5 minutes walk tops! The Himeji Castle is just a comfortable 15 minute stroll from the station through some interesting shopping arcades. The Bus Terminal to catch #8 bus for Mt Shosha is just across the station. Heaps of eating options everywhere. This hotel is well-positioned, we never had to cross any busy roads! Yet it was beautifully quiet, couldn't hear any traffic nor trains at all. The beds are very comfortable and firm just how we like it. We got a twin room which was very spacious by Japanese standards. We've stayed in other Japanese business-style hotels and our room here was the best we've had: very clean, well ventilated, accessible power points for charging our laptops etc., good quality bathroom amenities, comfy bathrobes, absorbent towels (not too thick that you can't wrap it around your head, just perfect), functional toto toilet (love it!) and best of all, very friendly and helpful staff! Oh, I must make a special mention of the nice breakfast spread too, the chocolate croissants were addictive, so yummy! I had them everyday to finish off my 'japanese' style egg-y rice with bonito flakes on top, juicy sausages and standard cabbage salad, very filling! I wish I had more room for the other types of bread on offer: cheesy croissants, walnut bread, red bean bun etc. Definitely an excellent start to our day. Overall, we recommend this hotel highly for anyone stopping over in Himeji to explore the city. If ever we find our way this side of Japan, we will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2016