“A great way to get a feel of Tokyo for someone new to the town.”

Japan Gray Line - Day Tours
Ranked #64 of 268 Tours in Tokyo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I feel that the All-Day Grand Tokyo Tour by Gray Line was a fantastic value and well worth it, considering that this was my first time to Japan. My wife and I we're escorted around Tokyo and saw numerous sites, all without having to worry about how to get there and what we need to do to make it happen. Our guides were formative, but just a bit hard to understand (but I can't fault him for that).

At first I thought that the fee for the tour was a bit steep, but after taking it I realize that you get to do a lot of things that would cost a lot, even if I wasn't part of the group. We got to go up in the Tokyo Tower and take a river cruise as part of that tour, and transportation to and from our hotel was taken care of by them. So, all in all I think it was a pretty reasonable price.

The only word of caution I would have to say is this: You don't get a huge amount of time to check out each location. They give you about 30 minutes at each place to see and look around. My wife and I felt this was enough, but if you really want to take in the sights and take your time to look around, you will probably have to go back in visit it on your own time.

I have to give a special shout out to Shota, the ninja and Samurai. He was extremely friendly and really put on a show for the crowd. I even saw him fake sword fighting with a few of the kids from the tour group, he seems like a really cool guy.

1  Thank Shadowvfx

Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a disastrous trip! We spent seven hours round trip on a bus, when we could have simply taken the train and avoided the Tokyo traffic. Also, we would have saved money - talk about a win-win. If you're travelling to Narita Airport, the JR Station frequently has specials to Mt. Fuji - or book ahead http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/hiking/fujisan0701/index.html

3  Thank Steve C
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent value! Mt. Fuji is so beautiful and breathtaking! Such great pictures! The tour guide was sweet and shared a lot of useful information with us. We did this on our first full day in Tokyo, so that information helped guide us through the rest of our trip! The time spent at each stop though is short so use your time wisely! The cable car ride and cruise on Lake Ashi were so much fun too! I highly recommend!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fly out from Perth on a Friday pm to eventually arrive at Haneda international Airport Saturday am about 5.30 am. Eventually arrive at Hotel where check in is at 2pm. What to do? Find the 'Tours Desk' in hotel, check in luggage & smile nicely at the tour operator who makes lots of phone calls & gets us on the Japan Gray Line All Day Tour! What a day - visit all the main attractions in Tokyo, great guide & excellent information as we are driven around to the many destinations. 6pm & we are back at our hotel - check in & fall into bed. Great way to fill in the day - see an amazing amount & not waste a minute of our trip to Japan. Well done Gray Line for making the extra effort to accommodate 2 tourists who had just arrived in their magnificent city.

1  Thank Dympna R
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I went on both the Mt. Fuji/Hakone and the Tokyo Grand City Full Day tours through Gray Line and were very happy with both.
The Tokyo city tour was a good way to see a lot of the sights in the city and get an idea of where would like to spend more time later on in our trip. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. The lunch provided was fantastic and the bus was very comfortable and clean.

The Mt Fuji/Hakone tour was an amazing experience, even though when we went there was almost 0 visibility from the stop on Mt Fuji it was still a beautiful drive across the countryside with lots of interesting facts from the tour guide along the way.
I would have loved to have spent more time at Mt Fuji but as the visibility was poor there wasn't much point.
The rest of the tour was good fun, the stop at the sulfur mine provided some...interesting...smells but was still enjoyable.

Thoroughly enjoyed both tours!